» AST News Team
0 members and 117 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,632, April 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM.
» Recent Threads
Doug Loves Movies
October 14, 2008 8:46 PM
Yesterday 10:14 PM
7,207 Replies 1,170,417 Views
BAKED w/ Zach...
December 4, 2014 12:15 PM
December 12, 2014 11:43 AM
3 Replies 140 Views
Top Poster: isoS
Oct 29, 2014 - 11:10 AM - by isoS
McSweeney's has published a collection of comedic essays by our old pal Bob Odenkirk, and chances are you would enjoy reading it. If you haven't picked up a copy yet, you can do so at any number of fine booksellers (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, McSweeney's store -- although they've already run out and are printing more!), and of course it's available in ebook format. For extra comedy cred, you might want to check out the audiobook version, which features not only Bob's voice, but the voices of his Mr. Show compatriots David Cross, Jay Johnston, Jerry Minor, and Paul F. Tompkins, as well as "Parks and Recreation" writer Megan Amram (who contributed the book's forward).
More importantly, you can catch Bob reading passages of the book live on his book tour if you happen to be in or near any of the following places at the following dates and times. (For more info, visit mcsweeneys.net.)
Oct. 30th: Reading & Signing
Skylight Books, 7:30 p.m.
1818 N. Vermont
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Nov. 2nd: Reading & Signing
Vroman’s, 4 p.m.
695 E. Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91101
Nov. 4th: Comedy Show
The Pabst Theater, 8 p.m.
144 E Wells St.
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Nov. 5th: Comedy Show
Brave New Workshop Theatre, time TBD
824 Hennepin Avenue
Mpls, MN 55403
Nov. 6-7th: Comedy Show
Up Comedy Club, 8 p.m.
230 W. North Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
Nov. 9th: Reading & Signing
McNally Jackson, 1 p.m.
52 Prince St, New York, NY 10012
November 9th: Comedy Show
Gramercy Theater, Time TBD
127 East 23rd Street
New York, NY. 10010
Oct 16, 2014 - 4:51 PM - by isoS
Sorry for the late notice, but this is happening tonight and sounds pretty awesome, so if you can make to Santa Monica, I suggest you go!
Ticketholders must arrive at the The Broad Stage -- 1310 11th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401 -- no later than 7 p.m. PT. Important parking info toward the bottom of this post.
BUY TICKETS ONLINE
or call 1-866-811-4111
*Note: There will be a cash-only rush line the day of the show.
Along with our radio partner KPCC, we present:
- Zach Galifianakis: The actor and comedian, undoubtedly one of the comedy kings of Hollywood, on his new film Birdman.
- Martin Short: The famed actor and comedian on his new memoir I Must Say: My Life as a Humble Comedy Legend, which details his transformation from "showbiz-obsessed kid" to Hollywood funnyman.
- Jill Soloway: The Emmy-nominated TV writer and award-winning director (Six Feet Under) on her critically celebrated series Transparent, a family drama that stars Jeffrey Tambor as a trans woman.
- Jenny Lewis: The acclaimed singer and songwriter performs from her new album The Voyager, which has been called her most "Californian album yet".
- Bob Odenkirk: The comedy heavyweight, one of the stars of Breaking Bad, Fargo, and the upcoming series Better Call Saul.
- Sandra Oh: The Canadian actress extraordinaire -- a recipient of both a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award for her role as Dr. Christina Yang on Grey's Anatomy
Oct 14, 2014 - 5:29 PM - by isoS
The Pride of Morgantown, West Virginia is back! And by "back," I mean "here for the first time" if you are a record store shelf. Jared Logan's debut album, "My Brave Battle," is out today on AST Records. Thanks to the magic of the Internet, you can hear five tracks from the album just by clicking a triangle inside a circle located somewhere above these words. I must warn you, though: doing so will instill a deep desire within you to hear the rest of the tracks, which are available wherever fine audio is sold. (iTunes, Amazon, etc.) Stare into the eyes of the picture on the album's cover and search your feelings. You know this is what you need right now. Listen. Laugh. Love.
Jared Logan - My Brave Battle (Audio CD)
Sep 23, 2014 - 5:23 PM - by isoS
Remember when Jesse Thorn was just a punk college kid in Santa Cruz spamming our message board with plugs for his podcast? Well, now he's got a PR firm to do that for him! Here's what they want you to know:
Comedy and Culture podcast network MaximumFun.org
announced today that one of its original show, “Bullseye with Jesse Thorn” will record a special live show on Wed. Oct. 15 at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. The live show kicks-off MaximumFun.org
’s first MaxFunWeek, a celebration of MaxFun podcasts and everything awesome.
“Bullseye with Jesse Thorn
”, distributed by NPR, is a public radio show about what’s good in popular culture. Host Jesse Thorn
sifts the wheat from the chaff to bring listeners in-depth interviews with the most revered and revolutionary minds in our culture.
The joy, excitement, and enthusiasm generated by the annual MaxFunDrive inspired the first ever MaxFunWeek. In addition to the live Bullseye with Jesse Thorn, MaxFun's member-supported community will be treated to special programming, giveaways, and loads of surprises during MaxFunWeek, all without the fundraising aspect of MaxFunDrive.
“Our community of listeners is spread out across the globe. We've got a ton of cool stuff planned for the virtual world, but we wanted to kick things off with something local - and bringing Bullseye to this remarkable space in LA is perfect,” said Thorn.
Here are the facts:
Bullseye with Jesse Thorn LIVE http://maximumfun.org/content/bullseye-jesse-thorn-live-la
* Wednesday, October 15
* Doors 8pm, Show 9pm
* Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever
* Live interviews, music and comedy
* NPR Generation Listen sponsored Meet-and-Greet with Jesse Thorn after the show
* Tickets are on sale now at http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/665201?utm_medium=bks
Max Fun Week http://maximumfun.org/maxfunweek
* October 15 -21
* Special content includes:
- Cross over podcast hosts on some of your favorite MaximumFun.org
- Inside-Access to MaxFun HQ to see how your favorite shows are recorded
- Reddit AMA’s with MaxFun hosts
- And more to be announced
is your home on the internet for things that are awesome. Our blog will guide you, our family of podcasts will entertain and inform you, and our lively community will connect you with others.
» Shop: AST