Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch This: "Live at Gotham" Tonight at 11 PM

Watch This: "Live at Gotham" Tonight at 11 PM

It's an ASTer-filled line-up on Live at Gotham on Comedy Central tonight, Friday November 6th, when host Paul F. Tompkins will present AST posters and posted-abouts Nick Kroll, Kent Haines, and Kumail Nanjiani. Also appearing are Eric Krug, Thai Rivera, and Daniel Kilpatrick, all of whom may or may not have posted or been mentioned on AST (or will/will be).

Watch it! It will be funny. Then talk about it here and fulfill the prophecy I so subtly laid out above.

Re: Watch This: "Live at Gotham" Tonight at 11 PM

I was hoping the headline would be: "Live at Gotham premieres again tonight at 11"

Yeah well that's why you are a lowly administrator while I am a Super Moderator.

I now regret making the other thread. In fact, I regret my entire life up to this point.

Thai Rivera should be talked about more on this thing; he's a REALLY excellent comic and can make people squirm-then explode into laughter. this is cool

Did anyone else see a "Big"-era Tom Hanks out of the corner of their eye when Kumail Nanjiani's pic comes up?

Yay Kent!

I watched it tonight. I thought it was an especially good Gotham. PFT did hands-down the best job hosting I've seen so far on this show. I thought Nick Kroll and Kumail had the sets of the night, although I was also very impressed with Daniel Kilpatrick, a Philly guy I'd never previous heard of... and of course, my good friend Thai Rivera, a great guy and a great comedian whose hard work really paid off tonight.
    gloomy jew

Might anyone know where this can be viewed in full and not just clips on the Comedy Central site?

Agree that Kroll and Kumail, as well as Kent, were all great (You guys should get together and make a show called the KKK Komedy show).

Tompkins clearly did a great job, but the editing made it look like he went from having a great time to reading a ransom note for each introduction.

Oh, and nice of Gotham to take two completely distracting people (red/blue hair and white hair) and some girl that didn't crack so much as a smile the entire night and seat them right up front so I could watch her scowl and give everyone the gas face all night...

P.S. I thought Thai's act relied too much on expecting people to find him 'controversial'. Also, his Gilmore Girls reference came across as more than a little dated.
    Hey, check me out. I'm a ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Might anyone know where this can be viewed in full and not just clips on the Comedy Central site?
    Go back in time and move to america.

Is there anyway to catch an episode you missed.. Something like hulu where you can watch old episodes. I don't have a tivo..

Is there anyone funnier than PFT? Of course not, and he proved it once again.

Some really great sets in this episode from some folks I hadn't seen before, and I was extra proud of our own Kentock, whose jokes were really well crafted and very, very funny. Kudos, man.

I've never had that great of an experience watching this show, but this was like night and day. Not to single out Jo Koy but he seemed so robotically "fake-enthusiastic" about introducing the comics, while Paul had an actual thing going on, thought behind it, trying to be funny and moving the show along. Maybe it's elitist prejudice or something but I got the feeling that, during his opening set, people kind of couldn't believe how funny and quick he was, how much funny stuff was stuffed into his delivery - specifically the "does not compute, beep-boop, I was acting like a robot" aside during the New York bit. People seemed sort of amazed.

I feel like Nick Kroll's set contained a number of "firsts" for the show, content-wise. (It's so stupid how they have to bleep "in" in the phrase "put you in me.") His jew-caricature line is so great. I have to imagine it's shocking to people. THEIR MINDS WERE BLOWN INTO TWO BY THIS COMEDY IS WHAT I AM SAYING.

I found it interesting how Kent and Kumail's sets were largely about one thing, which for some reason I did not expect. I just recently admitted to my wife that, before we got engaged, any depiction or reports of proposals or marriages more or less infuriated me, like in a "you forgot to assign homework" kind of way - "shut up, goody-two-shoes-suck-up!" So, that was definitely a relatable premise and I liked his whole thing that he did. Kumail's bit on the Cyclone was much better than I thought it would be when it started. How long has he been doing stand-up? Because he seems really comfortable and polished.

Are these sets longer or the same as an average late-night chat show appearance? Or, say, Premium Blend. Someone tell me.

Thanks for the support guys! The night we recorded was one of the most fun nights of my life, and I was really happy to be on the show with a bunch of funny guys.

We each filmed 10 minute sets and mine was basically cut in half, so I'd guess it's about 5 minutes, which is around the same time as Premium Blend and maybe a bit longer than most late night sets.
    "He's got a dick, why won't he talk about it?"
    -Jimmy Pardo

Goddamn MySpleen and goddamn broken transatlantic time machines.

I kind of wish I hadn't looked at this thread before I watched this, because I couldn't stop noticing the stone-faced girl in the front row. Regardless, this was really funny. Kent, Kroll, and Kumail were all hilarious. And PFT, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Carradine's_missing_flute View Post
    Is there anyway to catch an episode you missed.. Something like hulu where you can watch old episodes. I don't have a tivo..
    I'm in the same boat... I hope they put it on iTunes (hear that bigwigs?)

The cyclone/sliced bread thing was excellent.

Stone-faced girl was quite the attention-puller. It's a good thing this wasn't an episode of Make Me Laugh or the producers would have been out $180(!).
    DaggerofChrist unmasked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast