Thread: NBC's Sarah Silverman pilot will co-star Harris Wittels, June Diane Raphael

NBC's Sarah Silverman pilot will co-star Harris Wittels, June Diane Raphael

From Deadline:

NBC’s untitled Sarah Silverman comedy pilot has cast its first 2 regulars and, like the project’s co-creator/star Silverman herself, they too are comedian/writers. Harris Wittels, who was a writer on Silverman’s Comedy Central series, will play Harris Wittels, a version of himself, in a role created for him. Also cast is June Diane Raphael, whose writing credits include the feature film "Bride Wars".

The untitled single-camera comedy, from 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV, is loosely based on Silverman’s life and stars the comedian as Susan, a woman readjusting to the single life after a decade long live-in relationship. Wittels’ Harris Wittels is a short, hipster, endearing and good-natured tenant in Susan’s building who happens to be a huge fan. Raphael will play Chelsea, an attractive, smart tenant in the building who was once Susan’s best friend until Susan disappeared into a relationship ten years ago and hasn’t called her since. Silverman wrote the script with Dan Sterling and Jon Schroeder, who also worked on her self-titled Comedy Central series. Silverman, Sterling and Imagine’s Ron Howard, Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo are executive producing, with Schroeder serving as co-exec producer. Raphael’s acting credits include series "NTSF:SD:SUV" and "Players" and features "Bride Wars" and "Going The Distance". Wittels is a writer on "Parks & Recreation" and has made a couple of guest appearances on the NBC series, again playing a character named Harris.

4 members found this post helpful.

Re: NBC's Sarah Silverman pilot will co-star Harris Wittels, June Diane Raphael

Now that you've read the press release, allow me to say: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

6 members found this post helpful.

Awesome!

A friend of mine auditioned for the part of "Harris Wittels". If the part bears his name and is written for him, why were they auditioning other actors? (side note: I'm looking forward to this show)

I wish I wasn't so jaded that I could get excited for this, but it's just casting for a pilot, right? I have a feeling I'd absolutely love this show, but until I see a full season order, I continue to scowl and be a cranky-poo.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    A friend of mine auditioned for the part of "Harris Wittels". If the part bears his name and is written for him, why were they auditioning other actors? (side note: I'm looking forward to this show)
    That would have to be the ultimate kick in the balls, losing the role of yourself to someone else.

Hopefully this will get picked up; I mean if they want to go in the direction of shows like "Whitney" and "Chelsea" they might as well go with people who are actually funny.

2 members found this post helpful.

Would be much more excited if this show was just called "Wittels". Put the real talent up front! It could be like Seinfeld but instead of the stand-up bits Seinfeld used to open and close an episode they could have Harris reading foam corner entries from his phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mueXog View Post
    Notaro will play one of Susan’s new friends, Beth Ann, a tenant in the building who has a 4 year-old daughter
    I don't know if I can buy Tig as a mom. Doesn't seem to fit in with her personality.

“Caitlyn is starting kindergarten this year. Can you believe it?”
    "......Yeah. I mean, what is she, about five? That sounds about right. Yeah, I can believe that."

Maybe she'll never appear on screen, but just shouting from another room in the house.

"Yeah?"
    Hey, check me out. I'm a ghost.

3 members found this post helpful.

Jeff Goldblum will play Sarah's ex-boyfriend in the pilot

If the show gets picked it up he can become a possible recurring character and apparently the title of the show is "Susan 313"

1 members found this post helpful.

A_S

If the show gets picked it up he can become a possible recurring character and apparently the title of the show is "Susan 313"
    Hopefully this is followed by "Brody 818", about an ex-baseball player adjusting to single life with the power of positive thinking. Or they change the title to "Don't Trust the B---- in Susan 313".

Jeff Goldblum will play Sarah's ex-boyfriend in the pilot

First he gets to plow her in The League, now this? Damn you, Goldblum!