The San Francisco Improv Festival is now accepting applications for SFIF 2011!
Acts have until May 8th to submit their application with a link to a 10-minute video sample of their work. Apply here!
We’re encouraging improvisors from all over the country to apply via the festival website, submitting their videos online. Last year was fantastic with performances & appearances by The Committee, Uncle’s Brother featuring Tim Meadows, Kim "Howard" Johnson, Armando Diaz, Jonathan Pitts, and an overall excellent round of national and international acts who brought top-shelf shows to celebrate improv San Francisco-style.
Here's the scoop for 2011:
- Applications are processed completely online.
- Applications are considered almost wholly on the strength of video submissions.
- Invitees to the festival are guaranteed at least one performance slot.
- Performance slots are 40 minutes.
- Invited performers get free access to all open seats at performances.
- Invitees get advance access to sign up for workshops.
- The application fee is $35 and non-refundable.
Submissions Open: March 1st
Submissions Close: May 8th
Lineup Announced: May 15th
Festival Opens: August 18th
Closing Night: August 27th
The SFIF will be producing a workshop master series this Spring, so check back to the festival website often, and get on our Facebook and Twitter pages/profiles. We're looking to top an amazing 2010, so send in your submissions early and bring your A-game…!!