Thread: TELL YOUR FRIENDS! w/ JANEANE GAROFALO, WYATT CENAC, TODD BARRY & THE STARLIGHT GIRLS

TELL YOUR FRIENDS! w/ JANEANE GAROFALO, WYATT CENAC, TODD BARRY & THE STARLIGHT GIRLS

TELL YOUR FRIENDS!
    THE SUMMER FUN SPLASHTACULAR!

Wednesday, August 1st
    at The Bell House
    149 7th Street
    Gowanus, Brooklyn

DOORS: 7:30 * SHOW: 8:00pm
    ADMISSION: $12 ADV/$15 DOS
    ADVANCE TIX FOR SALE HERE: http://tinyurl.com/TYFSUMMER

HOST
    LIAM McENEANEY
    from Showtime, Comedy Central, Vh1, and a touring headliner through Europe and the US

WITH
    TODD BARRY
    from the movie The Wrestler, from pretty much every TV show from The Late Show with David Letterman to Sesame Street, and his one-hour special Super Crazy premieres on Comedy Central on July 21st at 11pm

WYATT CENAC
    is a correspondant for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and is the star of his own one-hour Comedy Central special, Wyatt Cenac: Comedy Person

JANEANE GAROFALO
    is a star of film, television, theater, and radio, and has had one-hour specials on HBO and Epix

A SURPRISE GUEST
    who, if you know anything about TYF!, then you know, is one of the best comedians out there working today

MUSICAL GUEST
    THE STARLIGHT GIRLS
    Last edited by HeyItsLiam; July 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM.
    You can follow me on Twitter.

I have an album, called Comedian, on ASpecialThing Records. Be one of the literally dozens who have already bought it.

Re: TELL YOUR FRIENDS! w/ JANEANE GAROFALO, WYATT CENAC, TODD BARRY & THE STARLIGHT G

Now with code to actually buy tickets: http://tinyurl.com/TYFSUMMER

And a nifty poster:

I have an album, called Comedian, on ASpecialThing Records. Be one of the literally dozens who have already bought it.

Re: TELL YOUR FRIENDS! w/ JANEANE GAROFALO, WYATT CENAC, TODD BARRY & THE STARLIGHT G

Check out this video for the song Flutterby, performed by the musical guest for the TYF! big show, Starlight Girls.

Starlight Girls are one of the up-and-comingest of Brooklyn’s up-and-coming bands; they recently opened for Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, and you can look at pictures on Brooklyn Vegan if you promise to ignore the monsters who post in the comments section there.

I highly recommend downloading their EP here; it’s compulsively relistenable.

Comedians on the TYF! Summer Splashtacular include Janeane Garofalo, Wyatt Cenac, and Todd Barry. The Facebook event page is here and you can buy advance tickets directly here.

JUST ADDED:

SECRET GUEST HEADLINER
    We can't tell you who it is, except to say you remember how the TYF! at Lolita finale had a secret headliner and you decided to blow it off, and then you saw some pictures pop up online and you realized that for five bucks you could have been no more than twenty feet away from one of the best comedians still performing today?

This is like that. Trust me, you want to come on out.

JANEANE GAROFALO: As if someone on AST needs to be told who Janeane Garofalo is, but she's achieved success in almost every field a standup comedian could hope for. In addition to her generation-defining film work in such movies as 'Reality Bites' and 'The Truth About Cats and Dogs,' Janeane has appeared in several landmark TV series, including 'The Larry Sanders Show,' 'The Ben Stiller Show,' '24,' and 'The West Wing.' As a standup she has appeared on pretty much every late night show, as well as her own specials on HBO and Epix.

This clip is an interview she did with Zach Galifianakis while guest-hosting The Late Show with David Letterman:

Jokes.com
    Todd Barry - Tom's of Maine Lemongrass Deodorant
    comedians.comedycentral.com
    JokesJoke of the DayFunny Jokes

Last night, TODD BARRY's first one-hour special debuted on Comedy Central. If you missed it, here's a clip.

Todd has also appeared on "The Late Show with David Letterman," "Late Night with Conan O'Brien," and in movies like Darren Aronovsky's "The Wrestler" and David Wain's "Wanderlust."

And if you want to see Todd live, he'll be appearing on TYF! at The Bell House on Wednesday, August 1st.

Hey guys, I know I'm a pain in the ass with these updates, and I would apologize except, well, my friends know I'm a pain in the ass. Hey fish gotta swim and birds gotta fly, am I right?

Anyway, just so you know, presales for this show are really strong, and there's a chance the show might sell out. SO, if you are thinking you want to come, it's recommended you buy tickets in advance through the web rather waiting to show up at the door. You can buy tickets here: http://tinyurl.com/TYFSUMMER