Los Angeles, CA

PRESALE
    Starts: Friday @ 10 am
    Ends: Friday @ 10 pm
    Password: COMEDY

PUBLIC ON SALE
    SATURDAY @ 10 AM!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09...&minorcatid=60
    Last edited by Liezl; November 7, 2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: new and improved with ticketmaster information

Re: Stella - Orpheum Theatre - December 13, 2008

Sweet!

Re: Stella - Orpheum Theatre - December 13, 2008

Thanks for the heads up !

Re: STELLA : Orpheum Theatre : Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 8PM

hey this is tonight!

David Wain does his sexy dance.

Michael Ian Black does the LA Stomp.

The show was INCREDIBLE!! The Stella guys are always funny, and tonight was no exception. They showed a brand new Stella short, which was SO good. The moment I heard the intro music a feeling of excitement and nostalgia rushed over me. It was also really cool to see Jo Lo Truglio and Thomas Lennon on stage with the Stella guys. Both of them were really funny.

I'm not really sure what was going on afterwards though. During the show Michael mentioned that they would be in the lobby signing DVD's and taking pictures with everyone. But when they were there the security was right over their shoulders, and kicking people out the moment they got their stuff. All three of the guys were very distant, and they appeared to be sad. They all said thank you very quietly and quickly signed things. I asked Michael Ian Black if I could get a picture with him, and he replied, "I'd love to, but I can't. Security told us no pictures because it slows down the line too much. If you want to take a picture of us that's fine, but we can't pose." He seemed very sincere and (again) very sad. As I left a man was being thrown out, and a line was forming outside on the sidewalk. I asked a man what was going on and he told me that they were lining up to meat Stella. I guess I got lucky by not getting thrown outside, and I don't know what happened to all the people who did. If anyone knows what was going on (were the Stella guys being treated poorly by the Orpheum staff, or were they just tired?) please let me know.

Other than the strangely depressing vibes afterwards, it was a perfect night. I'll never be able to listen to "Bad to the Bone" ever again.

That signing was a mess.

I'm guessing they were tired from touring, also when I saw Showalter and Black last year, they seemed exhausted then too.

Thanks for the awesome photos Liezl, as always.

Yeah what an amazing show...their dynamic is so unique and works perfectly. It was so weird to see Tom Lennon doing stand-up, though he was amazing of course. I love that him and Joe have to have perma-staches due to Reno.

Sorry to hear the signing was a mess, we decided not to wait around so I guess that was a good choice.

I'm pretty sure there were people sitting in front of me who didn't understand that they were doing an act on stage; they it seemed like they thought it was all real. The girl yelled "It's chestnuts!" when they were getting the lyrics wrong to the Christmas songs.
    Last edited by pauliophonic; December 15, 2008 at 1:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliophonic View Post
    I'm pretty sure there were people sitting in front of me who didn't understand that they were doing an act on stage; they it seemed like they thought it was all real. The girl yelled "It's chestnuts!" when they were getting the lyrics wrong to the Christmas songs.
    Oh, I heard her yell. The best part was when all those people kept interrupting and yelling out "show me your dick," and David responded, "Everyone who just shouted; send us an email, and we'll get you a writing deal." (paraphrased) I was in tears laughing at that.

Very upset I missed the show. What was the format?

It was the standard Stella stand up format, but with a new script. They came out and talked nonsense, taught everyone the LA stomp, revealed that the LA stomp was made up and they were just doing it to make Showalter look like a "big dumb piece of shit." Then they argued, made up, talked some more nonsense, showed a slideshow, argued, brought out Joey Adams (Joe Lo Truglio), a comedian who died 5 years ago, and he did some stand up that was terrible/amazing. after that they showed a brand new Stella short, which was about Showalter's birthday. Then they argued, fought, made up by singing "The Friendship Song," and later came back out with Thomas Lennon and Joe Lo Truglio to sing "Movin' Out" (with made up words and a slide show presentation.)

Don't worry about missing it. They recorded their show in Boston (I thing) for a Stella live DVD.