Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you did not post

re: Things you did not post because you're a pussy

In the dark night thread, I was going to post that I think martin lawrence is a terrible actor.

Dear aspecialthingmessageboard,

In case anyone is confused about what opinions they should have, I thought I'd set this one straight for you. "Hard" drugs are not that alarming. If you still believe they are, instead of handing down hysterical moral judgments you should think about where those ideas came from (certain illegal drugs can be invaluable to such self-analysis). Perhaps you've held onto a bullshit sense of personal superiority you used to make yourself feel better as a youth. Perhaps you had a cousin who was a junkie and it prevented you from ever looking rationally at the subject. Perhaps you just really, really trust the government.

Or maybe you actually know what you're talking about. Maybe the notion that a bag of contraband signifies a crippling drug problem and imminent destitution (rather than what it really signifies: a fun weekend) is based on extensive personal experience, free of alarmist assumptions or selective hindsight or the assignment of your own mistakes to other people. I'm sure that's probably it.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTalent View Post
    Dear aspecialthingmessageboard,

In case anyone is confused about what opinions they should have, I thought I'd set this one straight for you. "Hard" drugs are not that alarming. If you still believe they are, instead of handing down hysterical moral judgments you should think about where those ideas came from (certain illegal drugs can be invaluable to such self-analysis). Perhaps you've held onto a bullshit sense of personal superiority you used to make yourself feel better as a youth. Perhaps you had a cousin who was a junkie and it prevented you from ever looking rationally at the subject. Perhaps you just really, really trust the government.

Or maybe you actually know what you're talking about. Maybe the notion that a bag of contraband signifies a crippling drug problem and imminent destitution (rather than what it really signifies: a fun weekend) is based on extensive personal experience, free of alarmist assumptions or selective hindsight or the assignment of your own mistakes to other people. I'm sure that's probably it.
    I didn't post this!
    "What a sticky wicket. Zorak's mind is obviously too small. He has no hair."

Fuck you and your drugs

i'm outta here

KeithTalent's idea of "a fun weekend" includes meth

No I just recognize that it could for some people. As impossible as that may be for you to believe, considering that scary youtube and all those episodes of COPS.

just because someone finds meth to be "fun" (what?) doesn't make it any less horrifying. i'm sure there are some people who find crack cocaine "fun" or beastiality "fun." hell, as long as they're having fun, anything goes!

Quote Originally Posted by disl View Post
    just because someone finds meth to be "fun" (what?) doesn't make it any less horrifying. i'm sure there are some people who find crack cocaine "fun" or beastiality "fun." hell, as long as they're having fun, anything goes!

WRONG. ANYTHING DOES NOT GO. WE WILL ADHERE TO YOUR "FUN" MORALITY AT ONCE OR ELSE.

GOOD.
    /end thread

Quote Originally Posted by disl View Post
    ahaha, right, how could anyone find crack or meth "fun"? What kind of warped people would get enjoyment out of using a drug that makes you feel awesome?

You don't even know why meth should be "horrifying" because you don't actually know anything about it, other than how if you're strung out on it for several years straight your looks go to shit.

Engaging in potentially risky behavior for one's own amusement is not in any way comparable to abusing an animal. The irony is that if you'd only take some drugs you'd quickly realize how ridiculous what you've just said is

infowars.com/drugs

You caught me, I am a craaaaaazy conspiracy theorist. Want to hear how utterly bonkers I am? I believe there is a long history of misinformation in anti-drug propaganda. Call the men with the butterfly nets!

[youtube]xtXN_EHPwSg[/youtube]

beastiality was a bad example to use, i concede that. i probably should have said auto-erotic asyphyxiation. anyway, when i said "horrifying," i meant it more in how, if one of your friends told you they did meth or masturbated while hanging themselves, depending on which friend you talked to on any given day, you would probably think/say "what the hell is wrong with you?" of course, i mean the universal "you," obviously not you specifically since apparently doing meth in your household is like pigging out on ben and jerry's for the rest of us. i have to ask, though, is that really your reaction to recreational meth/crack/any hard drug use? that that person was just trying to have a chill weekend?

Tropic of Thunder looks great!!!

My real reaction to someone having drugs is basically...hey that person has some drugs. I just don't assume either way. I don't make assumptions about the lives of strangers based on one little fact like that, because I know that it's not nearly as significant as people think it is. I take issue with people assuming the ONLY explanation for having any of the "scary" drugs is that the person is some kind of drug fiend.

The reputations of certain drugs are blown way out of proportion. Especially when you put them beside people's reactions to similar drugs that happen to be available by prescription.

Banned

My apologies that your parents didn't hug you or give you enough attention as a kid and refined nose Columbian sugar fills that void in your "recreational" life you delusional, damaged and self-destructive moron.

May the luck of the world shine on anyone who is drawn into your enabler circle, you selfish, abusive anus of a human.

WOAH.

Woah. Let's step back and try to address things civilly, please.

I love it when people who disagree with me insist on making it clear that they don't really know what the hell they're talking about

Plenty of anger, not so much rational thought

Shut the fuck up, idiots! You are all human garbage!!!!

[What I didn't post in the Cutest Thing Ever Thread]

Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast