Page 142 of 166 FirstFirst ... 132137138139140141142143144145146147152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3306

Thread: Things you did not post

Re: Things you did not post

Something something Never Not Funny Volume One CD.
    Last edited by squeek; April 9, 2012 at 3:16 AM. Reason: I'm not good at humor

I was going to demand that Brasky post his rankings of the male and female cast members, then his combined rankings in the SNL thread after he said Bobby Moynihan was probably the #3 male cast member. But then I couldn't figure out how to word it, and I felt like I was being a mean jerk. I like Brasky, and I didn't want to be a mean jerk, so I just posted this confusing mess here.

Did I do this right?

It's no big deal, I would say Bill is the best, then Taran, then Bobby. Jason still contributes a lot but there is no doubt that some of his performances have been a little phoned-in as of late. He seems like he is ready to leave SNL. Andy likewise occasionally pulls off some good performances, but the digital shorts have been really hit-and-miss this season. Fred and Kenan are REALLY stuck in a rut this season, with Fred's characters more tired than ever and Kenan basically doing the one thing he does.
    Jay would be last, it's kinda hard to tell what he's capable of since he basically has only done impressions up to this point and he's been MIA for the second half of this season.

For the female cast members, Kristen still has the most range of any of them, even though her "wacky" characters have dominated the show to an annoying degree. I would say Vanessa is next, in terms of versatility, then Nasim, then Abby. McKinnon looks like she's going to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Jay would be last, it's kinda hard to tell what he's capable of since he basically has only done impressions up to this point
    That's what he's capable of.
    Hot tub foot?

mmm... chili.

6. The post by RoyalDutchOfDukes is hidden due to low votes. Click expand to view it.

The post by ArchStanton is hidden due to low votes. Click expand to view it.

Did he just close his special with a classic Pardo bit?

Quote Originally Posted by scamboogah View Post
    I find 'refresh your feeds' posts to be completely pointless.

They're basically, "I noticed first!!". Big deal.
    Seriously though, refresh your feed. Cause there's a primo

Uh oh! People are talking about a television show! Better shut that shit DOWN!

2 members found this post helpful.

People are going to be confused since I have since edited out "and that wasn't just a joke, it actually means stop talking about it, or you're all banned."

1 members found this post helpful.

Movie Katz is a TERRIBLE podcast game. It inevitably results in the contestants sitting and thinking for long periods of time.

That's dead air, Barry.... dead ..... air.....
    Hey, check me out. I'm a ghost.

I agree!

Yeah, I don't want to gang up, but that game is tough listening. I didn't mind it in other episodes with it, because with one it was attached as a 45 minute bonus video (on top of the normal length episode) and it was in the 300th episode, but that was so damn long. So in both cases, it felt like I still got my 90 minutes of NNF gold with Movie Katz as an optional bonus. But now it's starting to encroach! It's sad I don't like it, because I love Dan Katz and I love movies.

So, 9/11 jokes once an episode are great but don't you dare make fun of what some little person's hands look like. That's offensive!

Those are the same thing alright!
    Hot tub foot?

3 members found this post helpful.

You're right, one resulted in the deaths of thousands and the other is 9/11.

Yeah, because when joking about 9/11 they are maliciously mocking every single lost life, aren't they? I remember howling with laughter at the 'isn't it funny how many kids are growing up without parents because of 9/11?' episode. There's certainly no wink, commenting on how ridiculous it is to be joking about it in the first place. I'll cut out the passive aggressive sarcasm now. Most of the 9/11 jokes on NNF are either a comment on the aftermath and reaction to it, how it has to be referred to with extreme earnestness or the simple gallows humor of talking about something so tragic so lightly. Because it's, you know, a comedy show and comedy tends to have a habit of viewing things comedically, especially in reaction to something so huge and hard to process.

Corry just made extremely mean spirited 'jokes' with no wink or charm. Then she did it again at the Pardcastathon, where she went on a completely serious ten-minute rant about how pitbulls are angels and it's the kids who run into their opening and closing mouths who are to blame for the bad reputation. Or something, I was very tired at that stage.
    Hot tub foot?

4 members found this post helpful.

18. The post by pollymaepry is hidden due to low votes. Click expand to view it.

I guess I'm missing what's mean spirited about it. It sounded like a funny person saying a thing to be funny. Whether it succeeded at being funny is irrelevant.