A Special Secret Santa Thing 2012
Welcome to the best time of the year: Aspecialthing dot com Secret Santa! I know Halloween hasn't even happened yet but I always like to make sure we get everything rolling before November so people have plenty of time to start crafting those mix cds, or finding that weird specialty license plate that says "AST4EVA" on Vermont plates.
The secret Santa is basically open to everyone, though if you're new to the board you may have to wait until next year. If you don't know if this includes you, ask me. My second year in command with no major problems last year, but please keep Meen in your thoughts for starting it in the first place! Now for the boring legal stuff:
* Only your secret Santa will be able to see your mailing address.
* November 18th is the absolute last day to sign up. Once sign ups are closed you will get your person. (Date is the Sunday before Thanksgiving so you can pick up gifts from your holiday travels/Black Friday/before you start to stress out about the holidays)
* Your person should receive the gift by December 18th! The 25th as a target date was cutting it way too close. (A week before to give you some wiggle room)
* There is a flexible spending limit of $25
* Creative/fun gifts are encouraged! You don't have to find the perfect gift, and something is definitely better than nothing, but also don't be a cheap lazy jerk. Just sending someone a DVD-R of a show you like is not a proper gift, unless you're sending more than one thing.
* If you are assigned a person, you have to buy that person a gift. There will be no re-draws.
To sign up, private message me with your email address and real name and I will send you an invite. There is a field for a 'comment' when you sign up. It would be helpful if you put your screen name here.
Once signed up, if you click Profile then Edit Profile then Mail preferences you can disable any email that isn't related to this specific Secret Santa. That might be a good idea so they don't send you e-mails about their services and junk.
If you have any issues, please contact me ASAP. If you don't think you can get your gift out in time, please please please contact me. Nothing is sadder than waiting for your present to come only to get nothing. Failure to do so will result in your disqualification from future events and a public shaming.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!