Page 258 of 323 FirstFirst ... 248253254255256257258259260261262263268 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 6457

Thread: This is the new games thread

Re: This is the new games thread

I honestly hope BioWare take the passive aggressive route and release a new ending that's condescendingly stupid and simplifies everything down to "the bad aliens are dead, hooray!" If they can somehow get the rights to Bob Seger's "Shakedown" and have that start playing as the game ends with a freeze frame of Shepard raising his fist in triumph, that'd be great too.

4 members found this post helpful.

2. The post by TimBuktu is hidden due to low votes. Click expand to view it.

Being a part of the Double Fine Adventure Kickstarter has gotten me back into adventure games in a big way. Still my favorite video game genre by far.

So, while it sucks that I am currently stuck at home with some stupid sickness, I am enjoying sitting around playing Conquests of Camelot.

2 members found this post helpful.

Have you played Machinarium or Gemini Rue? You should if you haven't.

I picked up New Vegas today for 10 bucks. I still haven't scratched the surface of Fallout 3 really, but couldn't resist.
    Blog Flickr Youtube Facebook
    I like things that are great.

Also gog.com is giving away Fallout on PC away for free. Picked that up and pretty excited.

The Mass Effect 3 ending was awesome. I honestly have no idea what people are tripping about because it was great. I'm very confused by people tripping about this.

I didn't learn about the backlash until weeks after I beat it and I had no idea why anyone would hate it. I loved it too.

1 members found this post helpful.

ASR

Oh, man, that looks incredible. I was kind of let down by the first Epic Mickey but I'm so easily swayed by old-school throwbacks that this is definitely going on my list.

So, the new SSX is pretty great. I've always loved the SSX series for pretty mindless gaming...just cruising down a mountain. But the hook that snags my cheek in this one is their Diablo-style random gear drops. I am such a sucker for a gameplay element like that. Every time you load up a race, you may have a chance to buy an "epic" or "legendary" piece of gear.

Also, this is the first game that I've actually wanted to play online. Mostly because it's not head-to-head for the most part. You're really playing against other people's stats. And tournaments can last a couple hours, a couple days, or a couple weeks. So, you can do the run as many times as you want in that time period, get a good time or number of points and then just see where you place in the tournament at the end. That's my kind of non-anxiety-driven online gaming.

The only downside for me is the soundtrack. So. Much. Dubstep.

I kind of hated the new SSX because of the Survival hills or whatever they're called. I don't play a game like SSX to fall off a mountain and die if I make one small misstep. It ruined the game for me. You shouldn't be so strictly punished for trying things in a game like that.

So apparently I'm into RPG's now. I beat Fallout 3 and New Vegas over the last month or so and have Witcher 2 coming in the mail now. I don't have a PC that can play it, so forgive me for getting it on xbox, whoever it was that gets mad about that kind of thing.

I feel like I've gotten to the point where I don't want a lot of stress out of videogames anymore, and these RPG's allow you to just kind of meander around at your own pace. I can also play without the sound on, so I'll do it while watching TV... or while my wife watches TV in the same room. I really liked BF3, but every time I think about playing it again, I'm like... who needs the stress of loud noises and constant death.

Actually, I think you are an Action RPG fan. Unless you like turn-based combat like Final Fantasy too now?

Quote Originally Posted by nathansmart View Post
    Actually, I think you are an Action RPG fan. Unless you like turn-based combat like Final Fantasy too now?
    Oh geez louise. There's sub-catergories. Who gives?

Yeah, who gives a shit? I mean we play video games, we're not nerds.

3 members found this post helpful.

ASR

Honestly, the difference between games like Fallout/Skyrim and games like Final Fantasy/Golden Sun is... huge. I would never have even thought to call Fallout or Skyrim RPG's, because in my mind all those turn-based magical epics are forever cemented as the epitome of RPG. Anything outside that realm of seems like it exists in a different world of gaming altogether, but I guess now people have taken to calling them JRPG's and Western RPG's. I can get behind that, maybe.

I mean, to me, Skyrim and Fallout have more in common with GTA and Red Dead Redemption than Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. You'd never call GTA or Red Dead RPG's, right?

And I definitely don't know where Zelda games fall on this map.

hahahahaha this post is ridiculous what am i even doing, we really are nerds

I just feel like I admitted I was a huge nerd, and now you're telling me I'm not even good at being a huge nerd.

I play *everything* like it's a roleplaying game. It takes some work to invent a plot for Tetris.

Quote Originally Posted by ASR View Post
    I mean, to me, Skyrim and Fallout have more in common with GTA and Red Dead Redemption than Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger.
    Are there any good true RPGs these days? My favorite games as a kid were the Final Fantasy series, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, etc. but I haven't seen a game like that in a while. Even Final Fantasy XIII didn't feel like an RPG to me.