Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whitest Kids U Know

Whitest Kids U Know

Season Premiere, Current Season Episodes of IFC Original Series 'The Whitest Kids U' Know' Available for Watching Instantly at Netflix Day After Telecasts

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 26 -- Netflix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NFLX), the world's largest online movie rental service, today announced that the season premiere of the raw and edgy IFC original comedy series "The Whitest Kids U' Know" can be watched instantly at Netflix the day after its telecast on IFC on January 27 (10 p.m. ET/PT) and that subsequent current season episodes will be available 24 hours after their telecasts.

The new season of the sketch comedy series continues to showcase the raucous and peculiar talents of Trevor, Zach, Sam, Darren and Timmy as they take on Americans' infatuation with celebrities, infomercials, office culture and potty humor. Episodes can be streamed instantly on PCs, Intel-based Macs and TVs connected to any of a number of Netflix ready devices.

"Our tech-savvy audience is well ahead of the curve in seeking out alternative media platforms to view content," said Jennifer Caserta, executive vice president & general manager of IFC. "This agreement with Netflix will enable us to bring 'The Whitest Kids U Know' to their subscribers, generating new fans for IFC among people who are attracted to independent culture."

"Netflix is pleased to partner with IFC to provide our members access to original and humorous content," said Robert Kyncl, vice president of content acquisition for Netflix. "Introducing new audiences to interesting content continues to be one of our core strengths, and we're excited to have such ground-breaking content available through the Netflix instant watching functionality."

"The Whitest Kids U' Know" is executive produced by Jim Biederman ("The Kids in the Hall," "The Tom Green Show," "The Howard Stern Radio Show"). For IFC, Jennifer Caserta and Debbie DeMontreux serve as Executive Producers. The new season will live in the IFC AUTOMAT, a Tuesday night programming destination designed to appeal to a younger male demo, packed with uncut, uncensored programming including network premieres, originals, shorts, web shows, anime and more.
    Last edited by BillBrasky; June 11, 2010 at 10:37 AM.

Re: Whitest Kids U Know Season 3

1st

omg fag

Is this what we're doing?

1st

edit: shit
    Craig... That dick.

hehehe im excited about this show. I saw them live few times and it was magical.
    Last edited by KevinLee; April 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM.

My two favorite sketches so far from Season 3:

And here's a little song that's pretty fun:

The Reagan/Hinckley/Pop-Up Video sketch was great

Just a reminder that the fourth season of "The Whitest Kids U Know" premieres tonight on IFC at 10 PM.

Re: Whitest Kids U Know

I know one of the guys! Great people

The new season is 2 episodes in. For anyone with Netflix its available on their online service. I'm digging the new sketches so far, they certainly have a more cinematic feel to them than previous seasons.

Their show just continues to get better and better; this sketch has a completely bizarre premise worthy of The Kids in the Hall or The State:

I checked out the first two seasons on Netflix and it's VERY hit or miss. They definitely have potential but they have a long ways to go before they deserve to be mentioned alongside the likes of KITH or Mr. Show.

During their first two seasons I would have agreed with you, but they definitely seem to be getting a little more sophisticated in their humor (well, the subject matter can still be pretty immature sometimes, but they're getting more clever with it).

A good example was in this week's show; in the same episode as that pig sketch there was a sketch that was a parody of "Freaky Friday" and other body switching movies. The twist was that the father in the sketch pretends to have switched bodies with his teenage son, so that he can sleep with the teenage boy's girlfriend(and then at the end, the son goes home to his mother, and the sketch takes an incestuous turn). It took me a few minutes to wrap my head around what they were doing in this sketch; it was legitimately surprising:

I also like how this sketch develops, starting out in one direction and then eventually becoming a parody of SNL:

And this sketch just appeals to my love of verbal humor and puns:

Last edited by BillBrasky; August 9, 2010 at 6:24 AM.

I'm still mad at them for ripping off Todd Glass... unless there was an agreement that I am not aware of.

what

I gotta catch up with the last few episodes on Netflix. But so far I agree with Brasky, I think this season has been the best one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTalent View Post
    what
    stolen jokes

Thats not really the same joke.

The Kids are back and funnier than ever with their fifth and final farewell season.

IFC'S OUTRAGEOUS SKETCH COMEDY SERIES RETURNS APRIL 15, 2011, 10:30PM ET/PT

The award-winning debauched comedy troupe, The Whitest Kids U' Know, returns to IFC this spring with ten all-new 30-minute episodes premiering on Friday, April 15 at 10:30 PM ET/PT.

In the past four seasons, The Whitest Kids U' Know has built up a devoted and fervent following while also impressing the critics - Entertainment Weekly hailed it as "bizarre, edgy, and hilarious," while the San Francisco Chronicle enthused "WKUK wallows frequently in potty-mouth humor and somehow makes it seem almost sophisticated." The series pushes sketch comedy to a whole new level of depraved genius and this farewell season ups the ante like never before.

This season, Trevor, Zach, Sam, Darren and Timmy are providing sardonic cracks on politics, gender, suburbia, and sex while featuring some of their most creative, hilarious, and often shocking material to date. Fans can expect to meet a whole new cast of characters including sex phone worker "Baked Beans"; world class Didgeradoo player "Sal Rosenberg"; child do-gooder "Little Hitler" and many more. The Kids will also feature commercials for some of their latest absurd inventions like the children's fashion accessory "the Finger Ring"; the next level in nerf combat, the "Nerf Nuke"; and nicotine replacement device "Nic-O-Dick." Additionally, each episode of this farewell season will end with a segment of an extended re-imagining of the Civil War as a war on drugs (as only the Kids could do).

The troupe's jolting popularity has made their story the stuff of web legend. Their earliest viral videos became instant web sensations - among YouTube's top-ranked (more than 5 million views for Abe Lincoln and counting!), a CollegeHumor fave, a festival pick (winner of the 2006 Aspen Comedy Festival Best Sketch Comedy Troupe Award), and deemed one of �10 Comics to Watch' by Variety.

The Whitest Kids U' Know is executive produced by Jim Biederman (The Kids in the Hall, The Tom Green Show, The Howard Stern Radio Show). For IFC, Christine Lubrano, Debbie DeMontreux and Jennifer Caserta serve as Executive Producers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast