Thread: What happened to Rick Ducommun

What happened to Rick Ducommun

Hello All,

When I was growing up I used to enjoy Rick Ducommun's comedy specials. Who knows if I would love them today, but I happen to be reminded of him the other day and decided to look him up online. There is almost nothing about him other than a short paragraph on Wikipedia and a couple of photos. Does anybody know WTF happened to him? Is he still doing comedy? Is he alive? Thanks for any info any of you could give.

Cheers

Banned

Re: What happened to Rick Ducommun

I think he married a fire eater and then showed up a lot in 2008-9 after becoming heavily involved in the tea party movement.

After Fred Savage defeated Boy, he felt a little aimless.

He was one of the many actors effected by "The Burbs" curse.

He is in prison for trying to cash the fake check from "Blank Check".

Theory: Probably playing with his children and taking it easy. If he has kids. That run of movies he did is probably enough to retire on. OR something dark and sad has happened since "Blank Check".

He was so great in "The 'burbs" and also so great as the manhole guy in "Die Hard" and various other things that escape my mind right now. I hope he's okay and just living off sweet residuals as others have said. I really want to watch "The 'burbs" right now. And lots of other Joe Dante movies.

I was wondering the same thing a few years ago and remember checking his IMDB page where there was a post on his message board that said he was in poor health and became very sick sometime around 2004 or 2005 and moved back to Canada. It didn't go into much detail from what I remember, I'll have to check if the post is still there, it's been a few years since I've read it.

The 'burbs is one of my wife's favorite movies, and Rick Ducommun's performance is no small part of that... well, not that huge, but the line "I want to kill / everyone / Satan is good / Satan is our pal" is a perennial favorite.

Berliner - is any of that accurate? I would hate to think he got involved in something so distasteful as the fire-eating community.

Quote Originally Posted by winnie4theTOUchDowN View Post
    I was wondering the same thing a few years ago and remember checking his IMDB page where there was a post on his message board that said he was in poor health and became very sick sometime around 2004 or 2005 and moved back to Canada. It didn't go into much detail from what I remember, I'll have to check if the post is still there, it's been a few years since I've read it.
    Thats a shame if thats the case, but I hope hes happy and doing better. Thanks to those that have replied. If anybody has more information it is always appreciated.