Thread: UCB Improvised Movie: Wild Girls Gone

UCB Improvised Movie: Wild Girls Gone

I just got a check in the mail, out of the blue, for a movie I was in that was shot 5 or 6 years ago but never released, to my knowledge. It was called "Wild Girls Gone" and was an improvised movie written by and starring the UCB. I mention it here because I wonder if anyone has seen it or knows if it will ever be released on DVD or anything? One scene I was in had Amy Poehler spraying whipped cream on my naked ass and then a cop eating it, like in Casablanca.

Re: UCB Improvised Movie: Wild Girls Gone

I've always wanted to see this but I don't think they ever released it. It played at a few festivals and then just disappeared. Maybe you could find a copy on ebay? Let me know if you do.

There used to be a new update every 6 months or so that it was 100% going to be released at some point, and that the editing of such a massive improv endeavor was just taking longer than anyone imagined. But it's been a long time since I've heard anything about it.

I was just thinking about this the other night when I saw Role Models and got grumpy about seeing another great but miniscule Matt Walsh performance. I thought to myself, "Why don't those guys just write their own movie? Oh, wait..."

I was usually the one promising that Wild Girls Gone was right around the corner from being finished, and I've been wrong so many times that I'm hesitant to announce anything until I'm holding the DVD in my hand.

To make a very long story a little shorter, back when we filmed most of the movie our original theater was closed down by the NYC building department. So all of our money and focus had to go to finding and opening a new theater in NYC. During that time a good chunk of our film's paper work was lost. So while many months were given to editing, the bigger reason for the delay has been getting the movie in legal order which has been a huge pain in our collective ass. SAG has really put us through the ringer and it's taken years to give them everything they want. But I'm happy to say that everything is finally in order, and everyone is getting paid, and we should be able to do something with our film very soon. An early edit was shown at a festival in Florida but other than that we haven't distributed it in any way so I hope it's not on Ebay. Once again, I don't want to put a date on it, but we finally are able to release it.

We have been anxiously awaiting the release of WGG for some time now. My wife developed an addiction to heroin after Matt PROMISED it would be out in 2007 and was never released. She was so devistated. It took several thousand dollars worth of rehab to get her clean. If it is not released soon , there is no telling how bad she will relapse. Please Mr. Besser, Save my wife and release Wild Girls Gone!

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/ArcL...E&pageInfo=HFF

Guess what's coming to the Arclight this Friday....

At this screening they mentioned that it will be available on iTunes soon.

Can't wait to see it in any format... but would really love a DVD, I'm sure there are hours of bonus material.

Trailer looks cool, how was the film itself hugh???

Gotta say, it was pretty funny. Some great scenes. The UCB themselves were very funny & inspired. Andy Daly KILLED a scene he was in. So many funny cameos from Laura Krafft, Neil Flynn, Dave Koechner, & more. Basically it's a fun little diversion, thrown together by geniuses, and I highly recommend smoking a marijuana cigarette and watching it. It will be on iTunes soon. Plus the soundtrack is punk music.

My follow up question wouldhave been how much andy daly is in the movie... but you answered that one...someone has to give that guy a movie!!!

I know there used to be a thread dedicated to Matt Besser, but I'm too lazy to find it. I stumbled upon a copy of "May I Help You (Dumbass)?" over the weekend and have been laughing nonstop since. I meant to buy this years ago, but again, I have an issue with laziness.

Anyway, these calls are amazing and should be heard by everyone who has ears and enjoys things. In a better world, Besser would be a household name.

I love besser, but really of all the UCBers he is probably the most acquired taste, his humour to the untrained ear can come across quite mean spirited.

So here's my pitch, a Barney styled kids show (man my frame of reference for kids shows is out dated) where Besser is the host, rather than molly coddle the kids he's sarcastic and dismissive. The kids will tune in because of the bright colours and catchy songs, grown ups can enjoy seeing how long it takes for besser to make one of the kids cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Popinjay-Z View Post
    I know there used to be a thread dedicated to Matt Besser, but I'm too lazy to find it. I stumbled upon a copy of "May I Help You (Dumbass)?" over the weekend and have been laughing nonstop since. I meant to buy this years ago, but again, I have an issue with laziness.

Anyway, these calls are amazing and should be heard by everyone who has ears and enjoys things. In a better world, Besser would be a household name.
    "Press 1 for 2, or 2 for 1."
    *long pause*
    *BEEP*

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsss

so many great quotes from that that i can never stop saying...

"uh... alexander's rag time band?"
    "... what are we talkin about?"
    "your cock ring size! the size of the ring that fits around your cock!"
    "everything can be a musical..."

It's not an exxageration to say that Matt Besser & the the UCB are why I do comedy.I saw them do an ASSSSCAT in NY in 1998 and said "Oh, that's why I was born". Also: will anyone on here sell me Tamiflu?

Quote Originally Posted by Hated Milk Machine View Post
    "Press 1 for 2, or 2 for 1."
    *long pause*
    *BEEP*

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsss
    On a CD filled with great, quotable moments, that is truly one for the ages. I wish I had seen the one-man show.

Wild Girls Gone is back! In the Spring Break capital of White Sands, Florida, Sheriff Terry Moran (Matt Walsh) outlaws the town's world famous Ass Contests in a bid to win the elderly votes in his campaign for mayor - even though he is married to the town's former Ass Contest Queen, Doreen (Amy Poehler). Unhappy with how her husband and her town is changing Doreen breaks out of her bored drunk housewife existence to recapture her youth and sabotage her husband's campaign. Meanwhile Stevie (Ian Roberts) a video store clerk and aspiring documentary filmmaker gets goaded into making a movie about Spring Break by his scheming stoner friend Ray (Matt Besser). But Stevie's loft ambitions for a documentary about human behavior are constantly derailed by Ray's offensive behavior, shady connections and criminal acts. Full film available for download on the iTunes store March 8th, 2010. Can't wait? Pre-order now on iTunes!

Follow Wild Girls Gone on Twitter: www.twitter.com/wildgirlsgone
    Become a Facebook fan by searching: Wild Girls Gone
    Last edited by herson castillo; February 24, 2010 at 8:21 AM.