Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things you'd like to see again

Things you'd like to see again

I know we probably have a thread like this already, but I really didn't have any idea of how to go about searching for it. I know this is a rare example of laziness on my part, sorry. If it is possible to track down the old thread, maybe we can merge the two.

Anyway, listening to the CBB episode this morning with Will Forte made me think about "The Army Show" and how I'd like to see that again. The short-lived WB show had David Anthony Higgins, Craig Anton, Toby Huss, Brian Posehn, and Mary Lynn Rajskub in it and was kind of a "Sgt. Bilko" knockoff as I recall, with Higgins in the Bilko role. If anyone has any idea of where this might be available online, give me a heads up. Now that I know Forte wrote for it, I'm interested in seeing it again.

Re: Things you'd like to see again

I have a very vague memory of Tony Randall coming on the old Conan show and immediately upon sitting down eating from a bucket of fried chicken. Somehow this fried chicken was related to a charity Randall was involved with. Or something like that. I want to see that again just to clarify this stupendously odd memory.

Amy Poehler as Andy Richter's little sister on Conan.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dan telfer View Post
    Amy Poehler as Andy Richter's little sister on Conan.
    This one's easy:

There's a bunch more clips on Youtube.

1 members found this post helpful.

Or did you mean you'd like to see her on a new episode?

edit:Brasky was faster but mine has Andy Daly.

Another "Army" thing, I would love to see George Meyer's zine Army Man collected into a proper book, perhaps with articles about its history included.
    “We’ve built a bridge of friendship and carried our goats across. Lay them in the grass with me, Jeff! One’s named Petey and one’s named Sweetie!”—Pete Holmes to Jeff Garlin, Doug Loves Movies

Well I guess "again" isn't the proper term, but old Johnny Carson episodes on DVD would be interesting. I didn't get to grow up with him, and only know what's available on youtube.

There was a sketch on SNL that I saw once and I haven't seen it since. I've searched a few times over the last many years, but never with any luck. It was on an episode that John Goodman hosted, and basically the sketch was a group of people working in an office and Cheri Oteri was desparately trying to be the office slut. I just remember her saying a line to John Goodman that was something along the lines of "I wanna taste your man juice, and when I say man juice, I'm talkin' about your semen." Anyone know where I could see it?

3 members found this post helpful.

A_S

Quote Originally Posted by shig View Post
    There was a sketch on SNL that I saw once and I haven't seen it since. I've searched a few times over the last many years, but never with any luck. It was on an episode that John Goodman hosted, and basically the sketch was a group of people working in an office and Cheri Oteri was desparately trying to be the office slut. I just remember her saying a line to John Goodman that was something along the lines of "I wanna taste your man juice, and when I say man juice, I'm talkin' about your semen." Anyone know where I could see it?
    How were you searching? A Google search of "Cheri Oteri John Goodman SNL" brings this up as the first result: http://www.noob.us/humor/saturday-ni...e-office-slut/

I remember this as a bag of pretzels, but perhaps he did chicken on another appearance...

Oh, look at the date. Happy birthday, Conan.

Also, I don't just want to watch the sketches, I want her to come on the TBS show as Andy's sister.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoInferiorityComplex View Post
    I remember this as a bag of pretzels, but perhaps he did chicken on another appearance...
    That must be it. I was 13 at the time, so the memory of it must have just morphed to be so much more odd over time.

Thanks DiscoInferiorityComplex!

I'd love for Fridays to get a proper release.

Quote Originally Posted by nickyp123 View Post
    Well I guess "again" isn't the proper term, but old Johnny Carson episodes on DVD would be interesting. I didn't get to grow up with him, and only know what's available on youtube.
    I don't quite understand how it works but supposedly most or all of Carson is archived here: http://www.johnnycarson.com/licensing/

I'm just going to jump the gun and assume someone will eventually use this thread to find these:

3 members found this post helpful.

I'd like to see new material from Mark Weiner picking his nose with a puppet's finger and Judy Tenuta

There was a sketch on MadTv that from what I have researched was just called "Sitcom". It had Alex Borstein and Will Sasso in a montage of corny sitcom-like clips while a ridiculous theme played over it. Then it had about 10 seconds of the "show" which was just the joke "Hey we're supposed to go to the Van Gogh exhibit." "How about we Van-don't-Gogh." and thats it. The show was called Bean Town Bums. I remember it being pretty funny 7 or 8 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyBattery View Post
    There was a sketch on MadTv that from what I have researched was just called "Sitcom". It had Alex Borstein and Will Sasso in a montage of corny sitcom-like clips while a ridiculous theme played over it. Then it had about 10 seconds of the "show" which was just the joke "Hey we're supposed to go to the Van Gogh exhibit." "How about we Van-don't-Gogh." and thats it. The show was called Bean Town Bums. I remember it being pretty funny 7 or 8 years ago.

It's not this one is it? It sounds kinda like what you're describing but has a different title. Its possible they may have done two seperate sketches doing the cheezy fake sitcom credits like this, the one you describe does sound like something I may have seen from when Comedy Central used to play non-stop MAD TV reruns a few years back.

Whoever wrote that sketch must be a Second City alum because all the names in the fake end credits are all famous Second City improvisors (Rich Fulcher, Jon Glaser, Liz & Craig Cackowski, Tami Sagher, Scott Adsit, Rich Talarico, Brian Stack, Jeff Richmond, Laura Krafft, Neil Flynn, Armando Diaz, Jack McBrayer, etc)
    Last edited by mueXog; April 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM.

Well that was pretty enjoyable, but not the one. The one I'm thinking of was from around 2002-2003 and was only Alex Borstein and Will Sasso. They definitely do have similar premises though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast