Page 164 of 195 FirstFirst ... 154159160161162163164165166167168169174 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3888

Thread: Scott Aukerman will start Comedy Bang Bang on the Web

Re: Scott Aukerman will start Comedy Bang Bang on the Web

I loved "Touch and Go" when it first came out, and I was sad that it wasn't on the iTunes store. As far as I'm concerned, the best reason for the Magruber movie to exist is that its soundtrack had "Touch and Go" on it.

I'll just say that I like every "quote Brasky" post. That made me laugh quite heartily.
    Twitter y Tumblr Mik Throntveit on Vine
    It wasn't really a shit show... more of an excrement parade.

Why did Scott feel like he needed to shelve the Will Forte episode? Did he really think it wasn't up to standard just cos there was no characters? Didnt some of the earlier episodes have no characters? Weird.

Jeez, you guys are really ... I don't want to say cultish, but I don't know how else to explain the lack of critical analysis or ability to see these properties (CBB, DLM etc) as anything other than perfect. I think it's why this is not a very fun community. No disagreement. These two eps were clearly not up to scratch, but still made for interesting listening. Definitely worth releasing but needed the caveat.

I disagree that there is no disagreement, what I think makes things less fun is when people blow their stack or immediately get personal when someone criticizes something. It's gross because we all know comedians read this site and it seems like blatant, uh, unsolicited surrogate defensiveness.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by benjo990 View Post
    Why did Scott feel like he needed to shelve the Will Forte episode? Did he really think it wasn't up to standard just cos there was no characters? Didnt some of the earlier episodes have no characters? Weird.
    I tend to agree with this although I suspect that people now come to the show for characters and not interviews so Scott probably wanted to be clearer about what it was. A question of kind rather than quality. I enjoy the long, non-character conversations once in a while especially with people who have never been (themselves) on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlx View Post
    Jeez, you guys are really ... I don't want to say cultish, but I don't know how else to explain the lack of critical analysis or ability to see these properties (CBB, DLM etc) as anything other than perfect. I think it's why this is not a very fun community. No disagreement. These two eps were clearly not up to scratch, but still made for interesting listening. Definitely worth releasing but needed the caveat.
    I think most of us are willing to point out the flaws in certain episodes and pick apart characters or guests we dont like (Li'l Gary for example). No one here is saying these 2 episodes were amazing. I personally thought the Will Forte one was merely kind of boring, but not enough that it should have been shelved. If that episode had just come out as planned and Scott made no disclaimer I would have listened to it and assumed it was an off week and moved on. Scott's disclaimer on these last 2 just has made us a lot more critical because we went in to the episode looking for the flaws.

Sidebar:

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlx View Post
    i was the one who just said last weeks episode was no good. This one really did seem like an average episode though. Im jusy thinking if i were Will Forte or Leo Allen who had done the hour podcast only to be told it would be deleted cos they werent good enough. And i havent listened to more than half an hour of DLM

I can only speak for myself, but all I know is whenever I comment on an episode I am being completely honest. If I say an episode of any podcast is good, it's not just to kiss the comedian's ass. It's not like I'm delusional, and I think Scott Aukerman is going to track me down, come to the front door of my house and say, "Hey man, thanks for saying my last episode was good, here's 73 million dollars, and I'll see you at the movies!"

Also, I'm not going to make sure I consciously say an episode is bad every few days, to keep my record of positive comments under 100% and start a disagreement. Because uh, no one's keeping score.

Also, I think this is a fun community.

/2 cents, ka-ching!

Robin Gibb is in a coma. Is the NNF curse spreading to CBB?

I think some people were being overly supportive of the two "lost" CBB episodes (myself included), because Scott gave those intros and we expected them to be much worse. So when you go into it expecting a trainwreck, you're pleasantly surprised when it's just a slightly off or subpar episode. I don't think people really avoid conflict or act like everything is amazing on this board. There seem to be more than a fair share of arguments/disagreements.

I do sometimes feel like the DLM thread is really hostile to any slight criticism, though. Although, a big part of that is probably that Doug is present in it. Not a bad thing, as it is great to have a comedian interacting with us, but I think sometimes having him there makes it awkward to say anything even slightly critical, as Doug can react and a lot of his fans (myself included sometimes) can take offense. That's the only thread on here where I feel like I end up censoring myself when an episode isn't up to snuff.

1 members found this post helpful.

For those that like characters, this week's episode is maybe the most character-y episode ever.
    It's also probably the funniest episode so far this year. Womp it up!

Good episode, but far from the funniest. Jessica St. Clair was funny as always, but besides a couple good one-liners, Lennon Parham just didn't do much for me.

I did laugh my ass off at Scott's whigger voice though... (I'm mixed-race so I feel no guilt in typing that word).

"A lot of you said, 'Hey, I would have enjoyed those episodes even if there was no preamble.' And to that I say, that's because the preamble worked." - Scott Aukerman

Hah! Scott has a good point. Maybe he just mind effed me into not minding those two episodes.

Off topic to this week's episode. I thought I saw Huell Howser walking up Larchmont Boulevard here in L.A. I want to believe it was him, therefore, I'm going to say it was him.

I love Scott's new catchphrase, where he sings "Wipeout" longer than anyone wants him to.

The best part of Scott singing Wipeout is that he sings it as the Big Bopper for some reason.

I wish Scott would go back to calling voting while the floor is still open for questions a "classic Would You Rather blunder." It made me happy every time.

4 members found this post helpful.

LinkBacks (?)

1. July 18, 2010, 2:00 PM
  2. February 25, 2010, 9:44 AM
  3. June 5, 2009, 2:51 PM