Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scharpling/Tompkins Feud Returned

Scharpling/Tompkins Feud Returned

Someone posted a thread about this...wondering what might be going on...

but then it was deleted before I could even click on it and read it.

I have been wondering what is going on because Paul hasn't called into the Best Show in ages....Tom never mentions him...they don't communicate on twitter...

I know they were working on a show together?

I am only curious because they seemed like really great friends for awhile...and they really complemented each other...when they were together it was some of the funniest stuff around...

Just curious...but I feel like maybe there is some taboo about talking about it...(obviously if it is something personal I'm not trying to pry...it just seems puzzling and unfortunate)
    Last edited by GuiltPop; December 8, 2011 at 1:45 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.

Re: Scharpling/Tompkins Feud Returned

obviously if it is something personal I'm not trying to pry
    Yes this is exceedingly and painfully obvious based on your actions.

Not!
    /wayne and garth-ed

Well I don't hang out in here that often. I just thought maybe something had happened that was public knowledge...and that was why I asked. I had been wondering for awhile but didn't have the guts to ask until I saw someone else ask...made me think I wasn't alone...

Does it really make me a jerk to wonder about what has happened between two of my favorite comedians?

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltPop View Post
    Well I don't hang out in here that often. I just thought maybe something had happened that was public knowledge...and that was why I asked. I had been wondering for awhile but didn't have the guts to ask until I saw someone else ask...made me think I wasn't alone...

Does it really make me a jerk to wonder about what has happened between two of my favorite comedians?
    I don't think it makes you a jerk. You just want to know if there was a falling out between two of your favorite entertainers, just so your suspicions are confirmed. Yes or no, then you'd have your answer and that's all that's needed, without prying into these people's personal affairs.

2 members found this post helpful.

I must reiterate that if you combine the letters from Tompkins Scharpling you get the phrase: "Snacking Mirth Plops".

(read between those lines, i dare you!)

Re: Tompkins on best show: I assume he is just waiting for the next Tuesday with a full moon to reprise his 'man bitten by Ben Karack*' character.

*spelling?

edit: next full moon? Tuesday, 7 February 2012, 10:53:48 pm. Keep looking up!

3 members found this post helpful.

Of course your thread was deleted, you were barking up a tree that those behind the curtain do not want you to bark up. There's a whole other world of conspiracy happening right underneath our feet and by simply even bringing up this suspicious Scharpling/Tompkins feud, you picked up a shovel and started digging. You can continue down this rabbit hole if you want, but be warned, it's not one you can ever come back from.

If you still feel like you need to delve deeper into this mystery, let me give you a starting point: contact the New Jersey State Archives and ask for Tom Scharpling's birth certificate. I think you'll soon discover something is eerily amiss about it...

Seriously though. Sklarbro country now makes Tom's list of approved podcasts but not PFT? This is clearly a long con by Tom to get threads like this started. I'm with Ghost Dad, wait for the next Tuesday full moon.
    lurking got old, yo.

The last thread was deleted because the thread starter regretted starting it in case it helped spread rumors that aren't true.

Neither of them have said anything to suggest there is. The only real evidence is that he hasn't called The Best Show for a while and Scharpling didn't cite The Pod F Tompkast as one of the podcasts he's okay with, which he usually does. But that's pretty flimsy evidence and there could be other reasons for that.

In any case if there is some kind of feud or disagreement it's not public knowledge and they obviously want to keep respectfully quiet about it.

Quote Originally Posted by "Lurky Loo" View Post
    Seriously though. Sklarbro country now makes Tom's list of approved podcasts but not PFT? This is clearly a long con by Tom to get threads like this started. I'm with Ghost Dad, wait for the next Tuesday full moon.
    I will be thrilled if this is just a long con...can't wait to laugh at myself for falling for it...

Is Paul feuding with Comedy Bang Bang too?

Is Paul feuding with his own podcast TOO?

He hasn't appeared on either in what seems like forever.
    Twitter y Tumblr Mik Throntveit on Vine
    It wasn't really a shit show... more of an excrement parade.

This will be Scharpling's slowest burn yet - a decade long con!

4 members found this post helpful.

I think the OP is actually correct. Neither are following each other on Twitter anymore, nor are they Facebook friends anymore. Check for yourself.

I think they actually are feuding, which makes me sad.

don't say "the OP" you dork
    EXCLUSIVE PICS OF MY teenage neighbor IN ACTION CLICK HERE

I no longer know proper internet message board lingo.

I'll refer to him by full name, "The Guilty Popsicle"

I bet Scharpling's aunt fucks up the lightning round.

HAHA IVE BEEN DRINKING

Here's the flimsiest evidence I can contribute (for entertainment purposes only)

• Tom recently dumped a caller as he was listing friends of the show. Was his transgression mentioning the wrong person?
    • Lately Tom is making a point to dig into comedians on the revolving podcast tour. One guy in particular is on that tour an awful lot.
    • Jen Kirkman mentioned that he unfollowed her (although he downplayed it). Collateral twitter damage?

But yeah, if something's really happened between them, I hope they're able to move past it.

It IS sad we haven't heard them on air together lately. IMO Paul was funniest when paired with Tom - no small feat given his multitude of other appearances.

Yeah, PFT and Scharpling's Gathering of the Juggalos riff is pretty much the single greatest thing in the history of the show that doesn't involve Jon Wurster and it'd suck to think we'll never hear its equal.

5 members found this post helpful.

If we are trying to look for other evidence then PFT seems to be a very positive person these days, and talked recently on the mental illness happy hour podcast about how insulting people and making fun of them onstage got him into trouble, like the incident with Jeff Garlin.

Scharpling on the other hands makes fun of people a lot. It's not a problem for him because he's not as much of a Hollywood insider, whereas PFT probably does have to work with a lot of people in show business. maybe Tom made fun of someone Paul was working with and maybe it's hard for Paul to be associated with someone so outspoken.

Or maybe Paul's just still really upset about all the regular callers being banned.

Ugh. Now I feel gross. Ima go back to minding my own business. Starrrrrrting...NOW.
    Last edited by satyricrash; December 10, 2011 at 5:14 PM.

Maybe maybe maybe blah blah blah.
    many tine tanies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast