Page 262 of 331 FirstFirst ... 252257258259260261262263264265266267272 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 6608

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Re: Saturday Night Live

jizzby, your link doesn't woyk

EXCLUSIVE PICS OF MY teenage neighbor IN ACTION CLICK HERE

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips View Post
    How do I rent Overboard off this thing??

Will Ferrell promos:

Alex Trebek announced his retirement this week, so they almost assuredly will do a Celebrity Jeopardy sketch when Will Ferrell hosts tonight. This is pretty exciting, since the last one was in 2009 and they have a lot of new cast members to work with now. I'm pretty sure they will have Jay in the sketch, playing Will Smith or Denzel Washington probably. Guesses on who else they could include? These are probably some of the more likely ones (and the ones that would probably be the funniest):

Vanessa- Miley
    Nasim- Kathy Griffin, Kim Kardashian, Sharon Osbourne
    Bobby- Guy Fieri, Nathan Lane, Snooki
    Taran- Ashton Kutcher, Brad Pitt, Bobcat Goldthwait, Pee Wee Herman, Tom Hanks
    Abby- Zooey Deschanel, Angelina Jolie, Kirsten Dunst, Anna Faris, Joan Cusack

Hopefully they'll stay away from Kristen or Bill, we've kinda seen enough of their impressions (unless Bill wants to do Alan Alda)

Is it common practice to bring an established impression into Celebrity Jeopardy? I had always thought they liked to do all new ones, like Hillary Swank and French Stewart and Robin Williams and Adam Sandler, to name four that Jimmy Fallon did only in that sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by aenemaTron View Post
    Is it common practice to bring an established impression into Celebrity Jeopardy? I had always thought they liked to do all new ones, like Hillary Swank and French Stewart and Robin Williams and Adam Sandler, to name four that Jimmy Fallon did only in that sketch.
    That's a good point. I was only assuming because in the last one, they had Wiig in there as Kathie Lee Gifford (ugh), and the one before that had Kenan as Bill Cosby and Amy Poehler as Sharon Osbourne, which I believe they had both done on the show before that sketch.
    It would probably be better if Taran or somebody was to debut a new impression just for this sketch.*

The one in '09 had Tom Hanks in it too, which was kind of a surprise- I guess they could always have Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery or some other guest star. (Norm as Burt Reynolds?)

*Edit: Maybe Taran as John Travolta? Or they could have Hammond play Travolta on Update, he played him in one of the earliest Celebrity Jeopardys.

I think if they're going to do Celebrity Jeopardy (which they should), they have to bring in Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery.

1 members found this post helpful.

9. The post by smartbunny is hidden due to low votes. Click expand to view it.

Yeah, I found this Splitsider piece that collects all the CJ sketches in chronological order, and Darrell's Sean Connery has been in every sketch since the fourth one, so he probably will appear again tonight. So really they only have 2 slots to fill for the other guests.

Interestingly, Darrell played Phil Donahue in the 2nd sketch, and Travolta in the 3rd one; the sketch really started out being a vehicle for Norm's Burt Reynolds and didn't start centering around Connery until Norm left the show.

Trebek said he *might* retire in two years -- they don't need to rush out an emergency CJ for this. Maybe in two years...

Trebek retiring is just a coincidence. I think when a former cast member hosts, it's usual for them to run through their Greatest Hits, which for Will Ferrell definitely includes Celebrity Jeopardy.

The great thing about Will Ferrell, amongst many, is that he loves bizarre sketches so I hope it is a mix of greatest hits (Celebrity Jeopardy, Goulet, etc.) and crazy nonsense.

The last one with Connery, Tom Hanks and Burt Reynolds was epic, unless they get connery and reynolds I don't see CJ working great. Do we really need to see Jay drag out Denzel, Will Smith for another impression.

I think CJ should be put out to pasture. No reason Ferrell can't do new sketches this time around. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if he brought back something obscure that weird Ron character or Dr. Beaman... "you vondruke" that might be a little more fresh. I realize fresh isn't the name of the game on SNL but for godsakes, don't drag something out that doesn't need to be brought back!
    Follow me on Twitter... it counts as a charitable contribution!
    http://twitter.com/thedailyprateek

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    they could have Hammond play Travolta on Update, he played him in one of the earliest Celebrity Jeopardys.
    That featured one of my favorite SNL quotes of all time:

"Name that continent."

"ASIA!"

Of all the things I was expecting from last night's show (and I was happy to see Ana come back to play Bobby Mohan Culp), I wasn't expecting to see Forte again. Nice surprise!

And, maybe it's just me, but the 100th Digital Short (in addition to feeling like it might be "the last one") had a very "Channel 101: The Musical" vibe about it.
    We'll just take the fact that this was too long and that you didn't read it...as read.

Wow... poor episode.
    The only thing that made me chuckle was the Digital Short and Nicolas Cage/Liam Neeson.

Last time Will hosted it was one of my favorite episodes that season but I got the feeling that Will wasn't in his usual groove for this episode. Almost all of his jokes fell flat and the other castmembers seemed to be off their game as well.
    "She walked out of the room using that pretty ass I mentioned earlier to propel herself forward. I felt like my dick had been kicked up into my mouth, making me throw up from having a dick in my mouth"

It was a really disappointing episode. Will Ferrell was not really utilized well at all, and weirdly it turned into more of a showcase for Will Forte's old characters (the ESPN guys and the racist guy who interrupts various events), when he wasn't even the host. It was nice seeing Ana Gasteyer and the Culps again, but I'm really surprised they didn't do a Celebrity Jeopardy sketch- that would have been a lot better than those interminable "funk debate" and "Broadway auditions" sketches.

The digital short was great though, and I imagine it must have taken a lot of time and effort to get everybody together to film that, so much so that it seems like they didn't put very much effort into the rest of the show.

The one good thing that came out of the anniversary sketch was Taran's character- hopefully he might be able to develop that more into its own sketch, a la Stefon.

Ferrell seemed like he had some kind of flu, which he didnt have when I saw him on Fallon on thursday, so maybe that changed some plans around last minute so he wouldnt have to talk as much..Might explain things