Page 259 of 328 FirstFirst ... 249254255256257258259260261262263264269 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 6556

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Re: Saturday Night Live

Even then there was no lisp. It's just so basic and easy that it drives me crazy. I can seriously do a better Ice-T than that, and my impressions are universally terrible.

2. The post by nathansmart is hidden due to low votes. Click expand to view it.

Jay did a character. And it was funny. Nice to see something more than a one-note impression. Also, I wonder whether they asked Weird Al to play himself.

"The Californians" sketch reminded me of Beth Stelling's impression of girls on "The Bachelor." Watch minute seven of this video to see what I'm talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYElq...eature=related

As a person who really likes that GOTYE song I have to say this performance was pretty terrible. The Game of Thrones sketch was pretty great though.

Wow, John Mulaney just tweeted that Kumail co-wrote the Game of Thrones piece with Sarah Schneider and Zach Kanin. So I guess maybe he did get hired as a writer, or else is just contributing pieces here and there.

According to this, Sarah Schneider was a guest writer on the last five episodes of last season, before getting hired full-time the following season. Maybe that's where Kumail currently is? At this point, from the audition to him co-writing a piece that got on air, i'd be shocked if Kumail wasn't hired full-time for next season (whether as a writer or performer).

I don't want Kumail to leave LA!

But congratulations regardless

Did people here like that Californians sketch? It just seemed like a sketch where people talked funny. I don't really find silly voices inherently funny, so the sketch was a miss for me. Or is there something about it that i'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan TG View Post
    Did people here like that Californians sketch? It just seemed like a sketch where people talked funny. I don't really find silly voices inherently funny, so the sketch was a miss for me. Or is there something about it that i'm missing?
    I liked it. I think the joke was the accent, the appearance, and more so the fact that everyone talks about routes and street names.

This -
    Quote Originally Posted by brewcaster View Post
    I liked it. I think the joke was the accent, the appearance, and more so the fact that everyone talks about routes and street names.
    And, I think it was the cast breaking, too, and the joke of LA people being obsessed with traffic and routes.

Uh... people "talking funny" is what I like most about nearly all comedy.

2 members found this post helpful.

If you didn't like the Californians sketch on some level then you are dead to me.

1.) Making fun of Californians in general is hilarious -- fuck them.

2.) They sound like that, those fucks

3.) Subtext: The show itself was made for (and probably written by within the context of the sketch [yet on another, truer level, written by a New York-based comedy writer -- LEVELS]) the same kind of goofball idiots that it's portraying -- which is why it's terrible.

4.) The cast breaking at at Armisen's performance (The "talking funny" as well as the vacant, yet intense look in the eye)

5.) A New York audience laughing while watching a show mocking Californians -- levels.

6.) fuck you
    Last edited by suavepebble; April 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM.

3 members found this post helpful.

Levels question: Did I edit the last post simply to add "6.) fuck you" at the end or am I just asking this because I made a typo or some shit at "2.) They sound like that, those fuck"

Levels question: Did I purposely make a typo in my last post with the word "fuck"

1 members found this post helpful.

A lot of people are speculating that either Anne Hathaway or Jon Hamm will host the season finale. This kind of makes sense, because usually they try to go with someone who has hosted before who they know will bring in pretty big ratings:

2008- Steve Carell
    2009- Will Ferrell
    2010- Alec Baldwin
    2011- Justin Timberlake

jon hamm, fingers crossed

he hasn't hosted this season (right?) and i want his streak to continue, even if his ep last season wasn't the greatest

Anne Hathaway will bring in "pretty big" ratings? Really? It makes sense that she would host around now with The Dark Knight Rises about to come out, but I feel like Joseph Gordon Levitt would be a bigger draw than her from that movie, though his role won't be as large in the movie. Anne Hathaway's episodes are fine, but I don't know how the public at large will flock to Anne Hathaway hosting a live show after the events of a certain Sunday night in February (or March?), 2011 (never forget). I don't think she's hosted SNL since that abomination, not that it should disqualify her forever, but SNL does tend to make their season finales "Events," the last few years especially, and I don't think she fits the bill. Jon Hamm makes more sense, but even he might not be a big enough "wattage" of star for the finale. Zach hasn't hosted yet this season, so he would be my prediction.

I feel like both of Hathaway's shows have been pretty good. She had pretty much the best female-hosted show of the '08-'09 season, and of all the recent two-time female hosts, she seems the most likely to host for a third time (her and Emma Stone probably).
    Her last show was the Thanksgiving show in 2010, indicating they had a lot of confidence in her that she would be a good host. She sings, she dances, she does accents, she's pretty versatile.
    Joseph Gordon Levitt was all right, but I predict Hathaway will host again before he does.