Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Couples

Perfect Couples

Should there be a thread for this? I think it's pretty funny, but I like Olivia Munn for some reason.

Re: Perfect Couples

I like Olivia Munn too. I think she and Kyle Bornheimer are the best parts.

(remember Kyle from the commercials where he was trying to leave a girl a voicemail and he kept having to redo it?)

Ha. I do remember those commercials now.

I like this show well enough, especially since it's only two episodes in. I know it's more broad than anything else on NBC Thursday(except Outsourced, obviously), but I think that airing it in the middle helps break up the monotony a little bit.

Olivia Munn is funny. I don't care what she said on Doug Loves Movies - Is that why people here don't like her? Am I imagining that? Whatever. No one is going to read this thread anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by EricPaton View Post
    Olivia Munn is funny. I don't care what she said on Doug Loves Movies - Is that why people here don't like her? Am I imagining that? Whatever. No one is going to read this thread anyways.
    Well, she did come off as unpleasant in that episode, but that's not really why I don't like her. In everything I have seen of her, she comes off as that girl who so desperately wants to be a "guy's girl", which is off-putting to me. Like the aughties' (or whatever this decade is called) version of Jenny McCarthy or Cameron Diaz. Her recent Maxim cover photo is a case in point. I realize this makes me sound kind of gay, but just because a woman is hot doesn't mean I have to excuse her unfunniness.

I used to not like Olivia Munn (based on nothing whatsoever, since I'd never seen anything she'd done other than her first couple of Daily Show appearances), but between this and her more recent Daily Show stuff, I'm starting like her a lot.

I'm kind of iffy on the show, though. Giving it a few more episodes to differentiate the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    In everything I have seen of her, she comes off as that girl who so desperately wants to be a "guy's girl", which is off-putting to me. Like the aughties' (or whatever this decade is called) version of Jenny McCarthy or Cameron Diaz. Her recent Maxim cover photo is a case in point.
    What do you mean by a "guy's girl"? To me that means a girl who tries to act like one of the guys by burping and calling her male friends pussies, which I do think is off-putting, but she doesn't come off that way to me at all. I've only seen her on the daily show though.

Also
    I realize this makes me sound kind of gay, but just because a woman is hot doesn't mean I have to excuse her unfunniness.
    I didn't say that, and that's not what I'm doing

She doesn't try to be a "guy's girl" at all IMO. She says crude stuff sometimes but it doesn't come from a "HEY LOOK HOW GROSS I AM and I'm pretty, isn't that weird?" place. She always has this tinge of weird to her that I find appealing. And she poses in bikinis, which at first bugged me, but she is a pin-up girl. She doesn't show boobs or beav (or even butt, usually). It bothers me more when Danica Patrick is photographed spread-eagled on the hood of a car because she's a race car driver.

I thought Jenny McCarthy was funny too actually.

First ep was really underwhelming to me, but at 20 mins a clip I'm willing to try 3-4 more to see if it clicks for me.

Call it Parks & Rec goodwill spillover.
    Your daily dose at http://drbristol.wordpress.com/

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

I gave it a shot and I genuinely cannot believe that anyone is ENJOYING this show. EESH.

Maybe it's because Olivia is in it but at least I can turn NBC off after 10:30 on Thursday nights.

this thread sucks

I find this show very meh. It's not bad but it's not blowing me away, either. It hasn't made me laugh out loud like every other show on NBC Thursday, Outsourced not included.

I liked Olivia as a host on G4 (I think that's where the "guys girl" thing comes from), and she's a good enough actress, but I do not think she is funny AT ALL.
    Meen Bellpeppers : NOBODY BADMOUTHS SORBET IN MY CHAT

Quote Originally Posted by EricPaton View Post
    this thread sucks
    Please post less. 'this thread sucks' and 'shut the fuck up' doesn't really count as contributing.
    Hey, check me out. I'm a ghost.

This had an 18 percent plunge in the ratings last week, and TV By The Numbers says this "pretty much guarantees that it won't live to see the spring." Sorry, Jen.

However, they list Community as "more likely to be renewed than cancelled" and Parks and Rec as "certain to be renewed", so that's good.

That's unfortunate. I didn't think I'd like it at all, but I look forward to it quite a bit now. The last episode was fantastic.

DEATH KNELL

Watch. They'll be an upturn in the ratings, and the network will renew the show just to piss us off.

Sorry. I cannot watch this show without major brain failure.

This had an 18 percent plunge in the ratings last week, and TV By The Numbers says this "pretty much guarantees that it won't live to see the spring." Sorry, Jen.

However, they list Community as "more likely to be renewed than cancelled" and Parks and Rec as "certain to be renewed", so that's good.
    I would be fine with all TV everywhere being cancelled as long as Parks and Rec and Community stay on the air.

BFH

IIRC, the pilot was reworked and reshot, maybe even recast? Bearing that in mind, I took it with a grain of salt and figured sticking with it for a few episodes would give me a more accurate grasp of the show. So far, every episode has been exponentially better than the previous, and each one has actually made me LOL, so I'm riding this out.

All I know of Munn is the DLM appearance, which I don't particularly recall in any detail, but she seems to be doing a fine job so far. Based on other descriptions of her on this thread, I take it she's playing against type? She's a pretty uptight, straight-laced yuppie character on this show, though with some self-help style new-ageyness.

Olivia's ok on this show but she's got to get off The Daily Show. She's just really not that funny on her own.
    many tine tanies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast