Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 626768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1580

Thread: The Office thread

Re: The Office thread

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Rainn Wilson spinoff will be the worst thing on NBC since Supertrain.
    Hey, check me out. I'm a ghost.

4 members found this post helpful.

When I worked at NBC my office partner, who used to be an NBC Page, once met Fred Silverman and had him autograph a 8x10 glossy of "Supertrain". He kept it on the wall.

Anyway. Agreed.

1 members found this post helpful.

It only be redeemed if they did it as a three camera show in front of a live studio audience. One of whom would be killed, dressed and cooked by Mose during the closing credits of every episode.

nah I bet it'll be alright.

3 members found this post helpful.

Pretty sure I just saw Brett Gelman in the commercial for this weeks episode

http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/the-...lding-pattern/

NBC’s The Office went through a major transformation at the beginning of this season, following the departure of original star Steve Carell. But I hear the show, which has not been officially renewed, may undergo an even more dramatic change going into next fall. Word is that The Office executive producer Greg Daniels, who originally developed the American version of the cult British comedy, is mulling a reboot of the series, now in its eighth season. Daniels is expected to meet with NBC brass to lay out his idea for The Office 2.0, which I hear would feature existing characters as well as new ones. As for The Office key original cast members John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer and B.J. Novak, whose contracts are up at the end of this season, as well as that of Ed Helms, there hasn’t been a lot of movement in the negotiations over the past few weeks, following an early overture by the network around the time The Office spinoff starring Rainn Wilson came together. There are a number of major outstanding questions, including the number of episodes the stars would sign for. Helms has The Hangover threequel and Krasinski is eying a possible January movie shoot, so potential new deals for them will likely accommodate that the way House accommodated Olivia Wilde when her feature career took off. Also unclear is how long The Office would keep going. I hear the main cast may want next season to be last while NBC is leaning towards not closing the door to one additional season.* I hear no major decisions will be made until NBC brass review their crop of pilots for next season.

*NBC executives: "We've got nothing else!!! Please, let this show never end!"

7. The post by pollymaepry is hidden due to low votes. Click expand to view it.

If nobody of the main cast is signed on, they ought to just cancel the series now.

If they can get me all Creed all the time, I'd be thrilled.

"Haven't heard a complaint; wouldn't care if I did."

I seemed to laugh a lot more during this episode mostly due to the supporting cast getting a lot of lines and maybe I've just become immune to the thinness of the whole manager takeover premise...
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." HST

Quote Originally Posted by HST's Ghost View Post
    I seemed to laugh a lot more during this episode mostly due to the supporting cast getting a lot of lines and maybe I've just become immune to the thinness of the whole manager takeover premise...
    Completely agreed. I don't care for all the manager stuff at all, and Nellie is a supremely annoying character, but I laughed more at this episode than most recently because of lines thrown out by the supporting cast.

Plus the last two cold opens have been really strong in my opinion, maybe because they acknowledged what the show was supposed to be about originally: working in a boring office. Forgetting if Stanley has a mustache or not and Phyllis' rainy day cliches are perfectly captured little nuggets of that life.

Although I dislike the Nellie plot as much as the next guy, I found myself looking forward to the confrontation between her and Andy. The characters have at least been drawn precisely enough that I was wondering how Andy's passive-aggressive style would bump up against her insane inflexibility.

There's something about the unfairness of the whole Andy situation that just makes me furious. Good thing I turned on "Raising Hope" to cheer me up AND THEN STARTED CRYING DURING THE COURT ROOM SCENES!

Skeleton wrestling and the poem almost made up for it. Almost.

UPDATE: I'm sorry for being so mad at you "the Office".
    Last edited by sparklepicnic; May 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: update

It sounds like against all odds and sanity that "The Office" has a very good chance of coming back next season:

http://splitsider.com/2012/04/dont-w...k-next-season/

Article quotes Jenna Fischer as saying:

The whole cast, I'm talking about everybody Ed [Helms], John [Krasinski], me, everyone is wanting to come back. So it's really just a matter of NBC pulling the trigger. They have to announce it by May 15* when the upfronts happen, right? So we're all just waiting. We're really excited to come back, everybody wants to come back. I know Rainn does have his show, but he's going to come back to The Office as well, so yeah, we're just waiting.
    *Actually the 14th for NBC

Tonight's episode had a cameo from Champion, the three-legged pit bull from Parks & Rec!

Catherine Tate was actually tolerable for a change. B.J. Novak was not.

I don't think I have ever stopped watching a TV show just because it wasn't good anymore. I even saw "Heroes" and "Alias" through to the bitter end.

I also keep wanting to hold on to relationships, even after they've turned sour. A woman usually has to break up with me twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Luzman View Post

I don't think I have ever stopped watching a TV show just because it wasn't good anymore. I even saw "Heroes" and "Alias" through to the bitter end.
    Not to be a one upper, but I still watch Weeds.
    A Real Human Being, and a Real Hero

Ed Helms, John Krasinski, and Jenna Fischer have all signed deals to return for another season

B.J. Novak has not signed a deal yet. I guess Mindy Kaling's going to be written out of the show, since she has her own show at FOX now.

"Good, this carpet is due for a good moppin" was funny.
    What was the best concert you've been to?

"Probably Sade. It was just so sexy and relaxing."

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    It sounds like against all odds and sanity that "The Office" has a very good chance of coming back next season:
    Iwouldnt say its against sanity for NBC. its one of their few hits. Its against sanity for the viewer, but then again, its been that way for quite a while, wouldn't expect it to change now.

LinkBacks (?)

1. December 9, 2010, 3:09 PM
  2. May 10, 2010, 11:34 PM
  3. April 5, 2010, 1:17 AM