Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Myq Kaplan is like very very funny

myq

Re: Myq Kaplan is like very very funny

Hello and thanks for the nice capital letters!

PS Is PVR a new thing that is real? Or is it that you spilled PBR on your DVR and that was why it didn't record?

Quote Originally Posted by metal2000 View Post
    Thanks for posting. I had forgotten to PVR the episode and wouldn't have remembered to check the Late Show's YouTube channel.

Also... HI MYQ! GOOD JOB!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by myq View Post
    Hello and thanks for the nice capital letters!

PS Is PVR a new thing that is real? Or is it that you spilled PBR on your DVR and that was why it didn't record?
    Up here in Canada, PVR is the standard term for what you would call a DVR. It stands for "Personal Video Recorder", I'm guessing because it seems more down-to-earth than "Digital Video Recorder". Perhaps Canadians fear the inevitable Robot Revolution a lot more, thus the inclination to avoid the term "digital".

3-22 hours into the future, aka New Zealand

I'm useless at checking my twitter so I didn't get any notice that Myq was coming up on Letterman so it was a beautiful surprise to see his name come up at the beginning of the episode. I fast-forwarded straight to it so fast that not only do I not remember who the other guests were, I don't even remember who Paul Shaffer was.

Then, once I'd gotten used to seeing him bearded, I laughed and laughed at Myq's jokes.

myq

Hey Einstein, you triple-posted. You're dead meat! (Or more likely you're just bones at this point. Dead bones. Happy belated Halloween, everyone!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
    I'm useless at checking my twitter so I didn't get any notice that Myq was coming up on Letterman so it was a beautiful surprise to see his name come up at the beginning of the episode. I fast-forwarded straight to it so fast that not only do I not remember who the other guests were, I don't even remember who Paul Shaffer was.
    Then, once I'd gotten used to seeing him bearded, I laughed and laughed at Myq's jokes.
    Sorry and happy to take you by surprise!
    Thanks for saying nice and funny things about me and Paul Shaffer, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by metal2000 View Post
    Up here in Canada, PVR is the standard term for what you would call a DVR. It stands for "Personal Video Recorder", I'm guessing because it seems more down-to-earth than "Digital Video Recorder". Perhaps Canadians fear the inevitable Robot Revolution a lot more, thus the inclination to avoid the term "digital".
    Mightn't that slight against verbal recognition of the digital be the very thing that leads the robots to feel so disenfranchised that they rise up in revolt?

In any event, just glad to have learned something new. PVR, it's a combo of PVP and DNR then, yes? Do not resuscitate that kind of a pipe, or it might turn out to be the very pipe that becomes the leader of the robot revolution. Or at least one of its arms or something.

Myq was on Conan and killed it like usual. So Myq, is there a chance of a new cd or special this year? If not, maybe time for a kickstarter project?

"Mahna-mahnagomy" made me crack up.

Yes, great set, Myq. Also, I was hoping you would have some light banter with noted asshole Curt Schilling. Oh well, maybe you both can appear on the MLB Network.

As a vegan, I had no idea I was supposed to be avoiding getting my tears in my beer! Good call, Myq.

myq

Quote Originally Posted by punkdc View Post
    Myq was on Conan and killed it like usual. So Myq, is there a chance of a new cd or special this year? If not, maybe time for a kickstarter project?
    Punkdc was on AST and I appreciated it like usual. Thanks!

There IS a chance. More than one chance, actually. Micah Sherman and I recorded a CD of our comedy songs /musical jokings, which should be coming together in several months' time. (I could have stopped that sentence before that last apostrophe. And I could have not included this parenthetical. I'm wasting everyone's lives! Or am I? Don't answer! Or do.)

Also, I have more than enough material ready to go for a new CD or special, and am just waiting for the right opportunity to make it all happen. So, thanks for being patient (or being impatient but hiding it well enough that I mistook it for patience), and we'll all be happy soon (unless something).

Sincerely, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    "Mahna-mahnagomy" made me crack up.
    Thank you! It was supposed to, I think!
    OR
    Think you! It was supposed to, I thank!

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpbot View Post
    Yes, great set, Myq. Also, I was hoping you would have some light banter with noted asshole Curt Schilling. Oh well, maybe you both can appear on the MLB Network.
    Maybe! If it stands for "Myq Loves Baseball" Network, then probably not!
    Let me know if someone starts a network called the MLBFBDRC (Myq Likes Baseball Fine But Doesn't Really Care).
    God b(asebal)less America!
    (That parenthetical) is (confusing). So(rr)y!

Quote Originally Posted by slothborn View Post
    As a vegan, I had no idea I was supposed to be avoiding getting my tears in my beer! Good call, Myq.
    Thanks and you're welcome!
    (In honesty, if it's your own tears in your beer, I think you're in the clear. Just don't go around causing other people to cry because your beer isn't salty or unhygienic enough.)

Myq! The myn, the myth, the lygynd. Good evening, sir. So the Comedy Studio's website has your name down on the schedule for 2/24, but your own website doesn't mention the date. Is that because you are going to be there, on the down low, workshopping, chillaxing, and doing some other words that kids say? Or is it a fluke? I live in Cambridge, and have never been to the Comedy Studio, so catching a set of yours would be exciting (and by "exciting" I mean I'll sit in the back of the room with no excitement at all, sulking).

Editor's note: if I wasn't supposed to publicize the date, I do live in Cambridge, so feel free to murder me when you're here. I promise to leave a note for the cops that says "This is totally cool with the dead guy."

myq

Quote Originally Posted by Lustful Gustav View Post
    Myq! The myn, the myth, the lygynd. Good evening, sir. So the Comedy Studio's website has your name down on the schedule for 2/24, but your own website doesn't mention the date. Is that because you are going to be there, on the down low, workshopping, chillaxing, and doing some other words that kids say? Or is it a fluke? I live in Cambridge, and have never been to the Comedy Studio, so catching a set of yours would be exciting (and by "exciting" I mean I'll sit in the back of the room with no excitement at all, sulking).

Editor's note: if I wasn't supposed to publicize the date, I do live in Cambridge, so feel free to murder me when you're here. I promise to leave a note for the cops that says "This is totally cool with the dead guy."
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT YOU PUT INFORMATION FROM ONE WEBSITE ONTO ANOTHER WEBSITE DESPITE THE FACT THAT IS NOT ON A THIRD WEBSITE... I WILL MURDER YOU!

(To the authorities: if this person ends up murdered, it wasn't me. I am a joke-maker. Or is this the perfect alibi?
    To the murderee: please don't murder yourself to frame me.)

It IS true that I will be in Boston that weekend. I am doing a show at BU on the 25th, so I'm coming to town the day before to go to the Comedy Studio because I love it. I did not put it on my site because I am also coming back to Boston March 8-9 to headline Dick Doherty's Comedy Vault (where I will be doing full-length sets, as opposed to a short 7 or maybe 10 minutes at the Comedy Studio). Feel free to do with that information what you will. The Studio is super, and also me headlining the Vault is super. What happens when a super force happens two weeks away from a super object? (Maybe a super audience attends all the shows.)

Hope to see you somewhere! Not murdering yourself or being murdered by me.

4 members found this post helpful.

Don't worry, Myq. I'm going to the show with Gustav and will promptly murder him afterward. I will leave a palindrome on his body. That way, the cops won't know why he died, nor will they care which nerd killed him.

(It might have helped to say that I'm friends with LustGust and a huge fan of Myq Kaplan.)

Coincidentally, I met a guy named Zach today only he told me he spells it Xaq. Is that a coincidence? Anyway, I feel like he's stealing Myq's thunder, intellectual property, or both.

I wish to see Myq in Boston in March!

Quote Originally Posted by slothborn View Post
    Coincidentally, I met a guy named Zach today only he told me he spells it Xaq. Is that a coincidence? Anyway, I feel like he's stealing Myq's thunder, intellectual property, or both.
    Was it Xaq Galyfianaxis?

Beewcar and Lustful Gustav, you go sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by Lustful Gustav View Post
    Was it Xaq Galyfianaxis?
    I see what you did there and I lyq it!

Thynx.

Myq is one of my favorites. I love that his voice is so specific, and original; it makes his jokes always feel fresh.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)