Thread: Marry Me

Marry Me

Obviously this wasn't as good as "Happy Endings" but I thought it was still pretty good for a network comedy. There were still a few funny, darker, Happy Endings-style jokes like the Bethany Hamilton joke and the Challenger explosion joke that made it so that you could tell it came from the same creator. It's probably the best new sitcom so far this season (not saying much, because Bad Judge and Mulaney have both been pretty disappointing so far). NBC is going to be in a real bind once Parks & Recreation goes off the air , so it would be nice if they had something watchable comedy-wise on their network. This seems to be their best bet.

1 members found this post helpful.

Re: Marry Me

Probably the first really solid sitcom pilot I've seen this year, seems like Happy Endings meets You're The Worst (great show you may have missed on FX this summer). I think Black-ish (wasn't crazy about its pilot, but last 2 episodes were good) is the only other new comedy this year that I've been liking.

1 members found this post helpful.

Pretty pleased with the first episode. Very tough for a conventional comedy pilot to hit given the character games havent had any chance to develop, but this had a ton of potential. Was well / believably acted and had some well-written stuff.

I'm enthused by the potential.

I like Casey Wilson but did anyone else find her character completely insufferable in this pilot? I'm also having a hard time buying Ken Marino as a guy in his early 30's.

She does that frenetic, manic energy thing really well, but I could see it becoming a bit much if everyone else is just gonna be the straightman to her wackiness. It worked on Happy Endings since she was balanced out well by 5 other equally crazy characters. I'm interested to see how things go once we see more of the rest of the cast. I have high hopes though, John Gemberling is a longtime favorite at UCB and Tymberlee Hill was fantastic as PhePhe on Hotwives of Orlando (Paul Scheer's Real Housewives Hulu parody) this summer- Danielle Schneider looks to be recurring on this show too, now all we need is Kristen Schaal and Angel Kinsey for a full Hotwives reunion.