Thread: Comedy MUSIC (Weird Al, Arrogant Worms, Allie Goertz, Garfunkel & Oates, etc)

Comedy MUSIC (Weird Al, Arrogant Worms, Allie Goertz, Garfunkel & Oates, etc)

Hi, I'm clearly new here. I see a lot of love for stand up (which I love as well) but I was wondering how much of the folk who post here like comedy music? I see a thread or two about Weird Al or G&O, but not much else.

The Dr Demento show was always a staple of comedy and comedy music for me growing up, and it's still on the air. The new rush of YouTube stars doing comedy music is one thing, but there's SO much there that it's hard to wade through the muck. Sites like The FuMP showcase new talent that Dr D plays, and Tenacious D has Festival Supreme for the more "mainstream" acts...but there are smaller festivals too, like the Funny Songs Fest in both New York and Philly, and Laughingstock and FuMPFeST in Chicago.

I have a ton of acts that I love...Squirm & Germ, the great Luke Ski, Schaffer the Darklord, Zach Sherwin (bought his new CD from AST), Allie Goertz, Rachel Bloom, Devo Spice, The Dreamstalks, Worm Quartet...and of course, Weird Al, tenacious D, Stephen Lynch, Garfunkel & Oates...there's so many to name.

What are some of your favorite comedy musicians?

Re: Comedy MUSIC (Weird Al, Arrogant Worms, Allie Goertz, Garfunkel & Oates, etc)

I just love comedy only, because it makes me relaxing after hard work days. For me, comedy i number one

Re: Comedy MUSIC (Weird Al, Arrogant Worms, Allie Goertz, Garfunkel & Oates, etc)

Paul and Storm are always fantastic

Drennon Davis and Karen Kilgariff, both equally amazing on their own, have been killing it as a duo lately. I hope they make a record soon.