Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BFF

Re: BFF

I hereby endorse this show.

It's good!

Not only do I endorse this show and hope it's renewed for a second season, I feel that this series is the most realistic of all the NBC comedies.

Lennon and Jessica's chemistry in this show is kind of like Key and Peele's chemistry together on their show, you can tell they are real friends in real life and have been for a long time. So there's no need to "manufacture" a relationship between the characters, it already exists and it must be really easy for them to sit down and create the show together. This is much better than a show where the network has externally thrown a bunch of people together to create a show. I would like to see more network sitcoms created this way.

3 members found this post helpful.

That little girl is great.

5 members found this post helpful.

I wish more shows were created that way, too. It's a shame that, even with Betty leading in, it's not even drawing a 1.0. I hope it's not a 6 episodes and done type of show. It would be a tragedy.

I'm completely unable to watch J.K. Simmons in any role and not constantly flash back to scenes from Oz. Oh god... not the gym floor scene with the priest.

Wompler! She said it!

4 members found this post helpful.

I love when Lennon rushed at the frat dude, screaming "What did you just call me?!"
    "That dancer and I became really close friends. And back then he wasn't known as K-Fed or Federline. Back then his name was Chad Farthouse." -Zach Galifianakis

Adult Swim's Welcome Pages

I am almost in tears over that news. (I have had a really bad day and a few beers, but still)

1 members found this post helpful.

ohm

Quote Originally Posted by misscritta View Post
    I find myself being drawn to shows with characters that I could see myself hanging out with. I want to be Jessica and Lennon's new bestie, so this is my new favorite show. (End stalker behavior)
    Ugh, I know, I am in serious platonic love with both of them. I will be so sad if it's really cancelled forever.
    -Marie

1 members found this post helpful.

Sadly I figured this would happen. It's the kind of show that needs time to build an audience since it doesn't really have a "hook" beside being, you know, a good show by funny people.

Such a bummer, I've thought each episode was funnier than the last and Lennon/St. Clair are so great together.

I had a feeling something like this would happen, although it's a real shame. As others have pointed out in this thread, "The Office" and "Parks & Rec" both started out as shows with 6-episode first seasons that then went on to be renewed for a second season and started to do really well.
    It's true that NBC had more of a vested interest in renewing those shows, but I think this show is really good and it makes more sense for NBC to invest in shows like this, shows with good writing and acting, than throwing money away on stuff like "Whitney" and "Chelsea". These are the types of shows that can go on and on and really become favorites among TV viewers. I hold out hope that maybe this show might come back next season, although it's looking unlikely now. I still think pairing it with Sarah Silverman's show would be a good idea, although I haven't really heard much buzz about Silverman's show in recent weeks.

2 members found this post helpful.

Jesus, this show deserved to stay on the air for that little sassy girl alone. Sad. CONDOLENCES!

What everyone else said. Great writing, unique voice, great performances, interesting concept. Here's hoping NBC wises up.
    Eyes are the losers in the skies.

Last edited by slothborn; October 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM.

Lennon is still scheduled to be a guest on Craig Ferguson on Tuesday. Should be interesting to hear what she has to say given the shitty recent news. I know it seems unlikely, but maybe they can bring the show to another network? I don't know how often that happens anymore.

Last edited by slothborn; October 7, 2012 at 9:27 AM.

It's Perfect Couples all over again, what a shame.

I wasn't the only one that enjoyed that show, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jkwall View Post
    I really enjoyed this. I think the plot will get better as it goes along (specifically the plot will probably become less important and focal) but the dialogue is amazing and quick. Plus it has the most interesting writing process I've heard about in a while.
    I love writing with improv. It's a great way to get something down quickly.

But anyways I saw the pilot and I really enjoyed this show. It's lighthearted low-stakes comedy done really well.
    Check out my original GIFs and animation:
    http://scannedlife.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast