Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginnings ep. 177: Chris Kelly (writer for SNL and Broad City)

Beginnings ep. 177: Chris Kelly (writer for SNL and Broad City)

Hey dudes (non-gender specific), Though I rarely post, I thought my comedy duo's (Wrestling Team) podcast would be of interest. It's called Beginnings, and ostensibly, it's about how comedians (sketch, improv, and stand-up) start out and what leads to a real career, though a lot of the time, it's just about having a fun conversation with the guest. Guests are our favorite people from the New York area and anyone passing through town that we love, though we have a British interview in the works thanks to modern technology. Latest one features James Adomian, who is a super-nice guy and really fun to talk to. Requisite links: Latest Episode RSS Feed iTunes
    Last edited by andybeckerman; September 11, 2014 at 9:20 AM.

Re: The Beginnings Podcast

FUCK! Another podcast to subscribe to....

(I mean this as a compliment)
    Hey, check me out. I'm a ghost.

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm from New York, and I want to be informed about cool New York comedy stuff without expending too much effort. Maybe this podcast can help.

Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by andybeckerman View Post
    Hey dudes (non-gender specific),

... Latest one features James Adomian, who is a super-nice guy and really fun to talk to.

Requisite links:
    Latest Episode
    RSS Feed
    iTunes

he is HILARIOUS! nice podcast.

http://www.atom.com/funny_videos/3EF...8001701013D29/

Hey y'all,

New episode is up starring Rich Fulcher from The Mighty Boosh and Snuffbox. We Skyped into his cellphone while he was in a studio recording something for his Edinburgh Eleanor show.

RSS
    iTunes

More info

Goo! Another episode! This one features our chat with Elliott Kalan, writer for the Daily Show and co-host of The Flophouse Podcast. Don't listen to The Flophouse? You should! And also, the podcast I'm informing you about right here.

RSS
    iTunes

More info

Hey, this was another fun episode with Variety Shac's Andrea Rosen, commercial star, actress on Stella, stand-up and all-around nice human being.

RSS
    iTunes

More info

Listened to the last episode. Enjoyed it!
    maxbarth.tumblr.com
    @HeIsMaxBarth
    http://anothercomedyshow.podbean.com (New episode with comedian Moshe Kasher! Free, of course)
    youtube.com/mb10289

Thanks, Max!

New episode here with Kurt Braunohler of the Neutrino Video Project and Kurt and Kristen! (cameo by Kristen if that catches your fancy)

RSS Feed
    iTunes

And if this tickles your fancy, why not rate it on iTunes? Or eat a sandwich? Both are viable options.

Are those the only two things that can happen to your fancy (catching, tickling)?

New episode, friends (acquaintances?...maybe some who've I've met once or twice?)!

Totally Interviewed Out Case File #11: Beginnings featuring The A.V. Club's Nathan Rabin, author of My Year of Flops!

RSS Feed
    iTunes

I love Beginnings. Elliot kalan's episode has been my favorite so far and taht of course led me to the flophouse which I now love. Everyone should check out Beginnings

Thanks, TFP; that means a lot!

New episode where we talk with Matt McCarthy, stand-up extraordinaire, actor and "that guy from those Verizon commercials".

RSS Feed
    iTunes

If anyone has a spare moment, we'd like to really expand the listenership in 2011, and that requires iTunes reviews. If you can click on the iTunes link above and launch iTunes and write a review, we'd really appreciate it. And we can send you some swag as well for your troubles or read a message in the plug section at the end. (e-mail at jokes at wrestlingteam dot org to let us know).

New(bridge) episode now up with Scharpling and Wurster and Superchunk's Jon Wurster! One of the nicest guys in music and comedy!

RSS Feed
    iTunes

And if you can please leave an iTunes comment, I thank you from the bottom of my rediscovered heart!

Ah, I've been busy searching for a job, so I haven't posted for a while, but stand-up Claudia Cogan and NY sketch group Two Fun Men have been on the show.

And the latest episode features Greg Proops in his dressing room at Carolines. Who was super fun and exciting to talk to. Guest starring Pete Holmes, Dan Soder and Bill Santiago!

RSS Feed
    iTunes

I love The Beginnings.
    PODAWFUL.COM - Greatest Comedy Show Online. Live Sundays @ 8pm EST

POD AWFUL CHANNEL - Comedy Podcast Network

Thanks, Jesse!

New episode
    up with stand-up, Letterman booker, and all-around friendly guy Eddie Brill, live-to-tape from his beautiful apartment!

RSS Feed
    iTunes

If you like the show, please rate/review it on iTunes; it only takes a minute!

Latest episode guest stars Mike Lawrence, most recently of John Oliver's New York Stand-Up Show. We have a long discussion about class and comedy as well as debate about the NY improv scene!

RSS Feed
    iTunes

This episode also marks the end of the podcast's specific focus on comedy careers. First off, there's a million podcasts about comedy around at this point and second, we've learned a lot specifically about starting a sustaining a career in these last eighteen episodes. From here on out, the show will be a comedy podcast about creating, creating for a living, job anxiety and all the existential issues that go along with being a creative person. The show won't really change, except for broadening the discussion. Next episode in two weeks will be Kevin Allison of The State and the Risk! podcast!

Latest episode guest stars Kevin Allison from the Risk! podcast and The State! We discuss business, failure, storytelling and vivisection!

RSS Feed
    iTunes

Bon appletits!

New episode up with Opus Moreschi, writer for The Colbert Report and improviser at the UCBT. We talk about Edward G. Robinson, Andy Dick, and creating in the twilight of one's life.

RSS Feed
    iTunes

Snatch up the episode now a receive a free Battlebot!

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast