Thread: 3 Mississippi

3 Mississippi

From The Hollywood Reporter:

Sean Anders and John Morris are in negotiations to join Warner Bros.' "3 Mississippi."

The Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg football comedy "3 Mississippi" has nabbed a director-writer team to bring the project into the end zone.

The team of Sean Anders and John Morris is in negotiations to rewrite the Warner Bros. project formerly known as "Turkey Bowl"*. Anders will direct.

Set up in May 2011, it tells of the feud between two families over an annual Thanksgiving touch football game that has existed for 50 years. Ferrell and Wahlberg, who teamed up for box-office success with 2010's "The Other Guys", are attached to play the heads of the opposing households.

The boarding of the duo gives a jolt to the project, with the studio now hoping to start production in September.

Ferrell is producing with his Gary Sanchez Productions partner Adam McKay and Chris Henchy.

Anders and Morris are known for their comedy screenplays, having worked on such films as "Hot Tub Time Machine", "She’s Out of My League" and "Mr. Popper’s Penguins".

Anders made his directorial debut with "Sex Drive", a 2008 comedy from Summit that he and Morris wrote. He is directing "That’s My Boy", starring Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg, which opens June 15th.

*My original story about this movie can be found here.

Re: 3 Mississippi

Vulture is reporting that Adam Sandler is in talks to replace Mark Wahlberg in the Warner Bros. comedy 3 Mississippi. He would co-star with Will Ferrell in the Sean Anders-directed film, from executive producers Robert Carlock ("30 Rock") and Scott Silveri ("Friends").

The movie is about rival football coaches of small-town teams whose big showdown is a Thanksgiving Day game.