» AST News Team
1 members and 135 guests
Most users ever online was 1,632, April 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM.
» Recent Threads
October 15, 2014 9:18 AM
October 17, 2014 2:30 PM
4 Replies 190 Views
March 13, 2014 2:15 PM
October 16, 2014 6:12 PM
21 Replies 1,910 Views
Top Poster: isoS
Oct 16, 2014 - 3:51 PM - by isoS
Sorry for the late notice, but this is happening tonight and sounds pretty awesome, so if you can make to Santa Monica, I suggest you go!
Ticketholders must arrive at the The Broad Stage -- 1310 11th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401 -- no later than 7 p.m. PT. Important parking info toward the bottom of this post.
BUY TICKETS ONLINE
or call 1-866-811-4111
*Note: There will be a cash-only rush line the day of the show.
Along with our radio partner KPCC, we present:
- Zach Galifianakis: The actor and comedian, undoubtedly one of the comedy kings of Hollywood, on his new film Birdman.
- Martin Short: The famed actor and comedian on his new memoir I Must Say: My Life as a Humble Comedy Legend, which details his transformation from "showbiz-obsessed kid" to Hollywood funnyman.
- Jill Soloway: The Emmy-nominated TV writer and award-winning director (Six Feet Under) on her critically celebrated series Transparent, a family drama that stars Jeffrey Tambor as a trans woman.
- Jenny Lewis: The acclaimed singer and songwriter performs from her new album The Voyager, which has been called her most "Californian album yet".
- Bob Odenkirk: The comedy heavyweight, one of the stars of Breaking Bad, Fargo, and the upcoming series Better Call Saul.
- Sandra Oh: The Canadian actress extraordinaire -- a recipient of both a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award for her role as Dr. Christina Yang on Grey's Anatomy
Oct 14, 2014 - 4:29 PM - by isoS
The Pride of Morgantown, West Virginia is back! And by "back," I mean "here for the first time" if you are a record store shelf. Jared Logan's debut album, "My Brave Battle," is out today on AST Records. Thanks to the magic of the Internet, you can hear five tracks from the album just by clicking a triangle inside a circle located somewhere above these words. I must warn you, though: doing so will instill a deep desire within you to hear the rest of the tracks, which are available wherever fine audio is sold. (iTunes, Amazon, etc.) Stare into the eyes of the picture on the album's cover and search your feelings. You know this is what you need right now. Listen. Laugh. Love.
Jared Logan - My Brave Battle (Audio CD)
Sep 23, 2014 - 4:23 PM - by isoS
Remember when Jesse Thorn was just a punk college kid in Santa Cruz spamming our message board with plugs for his podcast? Well, now he's got a PR firm to do that for him! Here's what they want you to know:
Comedy and Culture podcast network MaximumFun.org
announced today that one of its original show, “Bullseye with Jesse Thorn” will record a special live show on Wed. Oct. 15 at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. The live show kicks-off MaximumFun.org
’s first MaxFunWeek, a celebration of MaxFun podcasts and everything awesome.
“Bullseye with Jesse Thorn
”, distributed by NPR, is a public radio show about what’s good in popular culture. Host Jesse Thorn
sifts the wheat from the chaff to bring listeners in-depth interviews with the most revered and revolutionary minds in our culture.
The joy, excitement, and enthusiasm generated by the annual MaxFunDrive inspired the first ever MaxFunWeek. In addition to the live Bullseye with Jesse Thorn, MaxFun's member-supported community will be treated to special programming, giveaways, and loads of surprises during MaxFunWeek, all without the fundraising aspect of MaxFunDrive.
“Our community of listeners is spread out across the globe. We've got a ton of cool stuff planned for the virtual world, but we wanted to kick things off with something local - and bringing Bullseye to this remarkable space in LA is perfect,” said Thorn.
Here are the facts:
Bullseye with Jesse Thorn LIVE http://maximumfun.org/content/bullseye-jesse-thorn-live-la
* Wednesday, October 15
* Doors 8pm, Show 9pm
* Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever
* Live interviews, music and comedy
* NPR Generation Listen sponsored Meet-and-Greet with Jesse Thorn after the show
* Tickets are on sale now at http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/665201?utm_medium=bks
Max Fun Week http://maximumfun.org/maxfunweek
* October 15 -21
* Special content includes:
- Cross over podcast hosts on some of your favorite MaximumFun.org
- Inside-Access to MaxFun HQ to see how your favorite shows are recorded
- Reddit AMA’s with MaxFun hosts
- And more to be announced
is your home on the internet for things that are awesome. Our blog will guide you, our family of podcasts will entertain and inform you, and our lively community will connect you with others.
Sep 18, 2014 - 10:43 AM - by isoS
AST is proud to announce a partnership with SoundCloud that enables you to listen to hundreds of tracks in our catalog for free. (Even better, the label and the artists make money every time you do so!) This is a great way to check out all the amazing comedy we've produced over the last seven years, and it's an equally great way to sample albums from comics both new and established before buying. If you have a SoundCloud account, be sure to follow AST Records; we'll be reposting playlists from all our artists on a regular basis. And while you're at it, follow all our artists too! Each one has a SoundCloud page of their very own. You can very easily share your favorite tracks and artists on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, ezboard and more by simply copying the link and posting it. So do that! Thanks, and enjoy the laughs.
Aug 12, 2014 - 4:06 PM - by isoS
AST is proud to present the debut album from The Michigan Marauder (not his nickname) Nate Fridson. Maybe "proud" isn't the right word: we had nothing to do with making Nate the comic he is today, we're just lucky he chose us to help him put out his CD. But "lucky to present" isn't a phrase, and doesn't sound right, so I went with the tried-and-true "P.T.P." Excuse the shit out of me. Point is, Nate's an amazingly good comedian that makes us and a lot of other people laugh. To see if you're one of those people, buy this album and listen to it in its entirety.
You can buy and/or hear "Best Guy So Far" in all the usual places. We recommend:
Sample tracks available on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/natefridson/
» Shop: AST